Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Solved!

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Hi Spotify Team, please fix this problem from last update of Spotify 1.0.41.375

In left corner in Windows 10 i see everytime if i change volume this poisonous banner of song.

Please Fix it, or add in Spotify settings - selection fro off this.

Thanks

0111.JPG
128 Replies

Thank you! I look forward to the update with the option to remove it.

It is an alright idea, but extremely (EXTREMELY) annoying feature while trying to work. 

@brendanm wrote:

Hey folks,

I first want to clarify that this is a native Windows feature, we have no control over how long it stays on the screen, how big it is, etc. We can however, determine whether or not it shows at all.

A native feature to Windows that only just started showing up after the recent update to Spotify? A native feature of Windows that doesn't do this with iTunes or Windows very own WindowsMedia Player, but only Spotify?

Thanks for the info Brendan.

@DiscoDevil

You didn't read his post. He said that they can control whether or not it appears, but do not have further control over how long or how big. Brendanm said they're adding the option to turn it off in the next version, and all will be well.

There is a guy that made a small app for removing the volume OSD (the popup) in Win8/10. It works to remove the song information as well. Maybe it was already posted here, but just in case, here is the link: http://wordpress.venturi.de/?p=1

It is a hack, but it works for me. 

It shows up when using Groove Music, the default music player for Windows 10.

Cancelled my subscription because of thoughtless features like these. 1 - 2 weeks is still an incredibly long time to wait for something that should and can be patched out quickly given how negative community feedback has been.

My mistake, I interpreted it wrong.

i want the volume to stay as before in top left, but the banner for now playing is anoying and covers up tabs and desktop items. proper annoying. and when you try to press on tabs behind it it stays up for another 5 seconds.

I just downloaded an old version and its back to normal. may be a quick fix for you.

The only reason I find this annoying is that it causes horrendous lag if I'm PS4 Streaming. Whenever it pops up for song changes, it causes huge issues. A toggle should have been included in the first place.

Man, that's an awesome solution!   I have an intermittent problem with my laptop where the volume control is PERMANENTLY STUCK at highest level on the top left corner of the screen and there's nothing I can do about it. Imagine when adding that heavy spotify banner besides it! 

Downloaded the thing and it works... both are gone! My volume level still a 100% but at least it solved the visual problem... Much thanx!!

Sorry for my English

Firstly Windows Media Player is An old app. Windows is not using it anymore. At Windows we are using Groove Music UWP App for mp3 and Film & TV UWP app for videos.

*.exe is will be dead soon.

I dont try to blame you. I just want to say these things to people. 🙂

I am glad that an option to disable will soon be available. It is a nice feature in theory but it is far too large and stays in th screen for far too long. Be glad to see the back of it...

Thanks!

trash update. follow this downgrade post

Hi,

There is a way to change the length of time the banner stays on the screen in Windows 10 (and other versions I think):

Press the "Start" button/ Windows logo bottom left corner.

Type "Ease of Access" - then select "Ease of Access Centre" at the top.

Then choose "Use the computer without a display" (Don't ask me why it is in here!)

Now - Change the "How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open" to 5 seconds!

This should have immediate effect.

@brendanm said:

So here's what we're going to do. The next update you'll get (1.0.42 - rolling out in approx 1-2 weeks) will have an option to turn this off completely in your preferences. We're also passing on this feedback to Microsoft in the hope that they can give you, the customer, more control of how this feature is displayed. Stay tuned on that.

This particular update doesn't bother me at all; I rarely change the volume when I'm using the program, and when I do it only lasts three seconds. But this is exactly the customer service I want to see at Spotify. You put out a feature, see people are unhappy about it, then fix it. Kudos to you for that.

What a contrast to the team in charge of desktop notifications.

Follow me

Thank you so much. It worked! 

That's great news, Brendan. Thank you for listening to us.

I simply dislike this window popping in my screen because it wont fade until I wait a long time, if I'm using the browser and want to lower the volume but also want to click on my browser favorite tab to go to some website, this window that pop is right in front of where I want to click, so I have to paciantly wait for it to fade to proceed with what I was doing.

Also, I liked the way  it worked before, where I could put the mouse cursor above the Spotify icon minimized and it would pop a little window that I could pause and put the next or before song.

Thanks Brendan,

1-2 weeks is a pretty fast turn around considering it probably wasn't originally a high priority task for Spotify. Nice work.

IMO, features released as soon as possible is better than delaying the release to customize the feature, as long as the ability to customize comes soon after.

Suggested posts