Premium

Country

Bulgaria (not that this matters)

Device

Laptop: i7 8565U, 16GB DDR4 Ram, RTX 2060 Super

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Scrolling is slow AF. If I scroll rapidly a few times it starts to lag behind and keeps going up and down a few seconds after I've lifted my hand from the mouse. The longer the playlist, the worse it gets. Honestly - haven't you guys tested this on different resolutions with different display scaling?!

Anyway - I'd be super happy if you can make a lightweight player with no social**bleep** in it as I (and probably lots of other users as well) am not using it and never will.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I resorted to using the web player as there everything works (well, most of the time). A week ago I decided to try out the Windows store app and it is so MUCH better! Everything is snappy and I can disable the endless lists of recommendations and there is no gap between the tracks - the only thing not working is it's not displaying my profile name, instead some hash (that I censored partway in case it is sensitive info):

frekilson_0-1588444659195.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there @frekilson

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give the device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

If you think other users might also like your idea about a lightweight player with no social features, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Marked as solution

I resorted to using the web player as there everything works (well, most of the time). A week ago I decided to try out the Windows store app and it is so MUCH better! Everything is snappy and I can disable the endless lists of recommendations and there is no gap between the tracks - the only thing not working is it's not displaying my profile name, instead some hash (that I censored partway in case it is sensitive info):

frekilson_0-1588444659195.png

Suggested posts