Premium

Country

US

Device

surface pro and Desktop

Operating System

win 11

My Question or Issue

On my laptop and my PC when Spotify first loads up and quite randomly, the bottom quarter of the window for Spotify gets stuck under the taskbar and cuts off at the side of the screen. Causing me not to be able to use any of the controls or navigate. I then have to adjust the window or snap it to a corner to fix it.

This issue has been plaguing me since switching to win 11.

Screenshot 2022-05-10 100649.png
5 Replies

Hey there @FoxinuhhBox

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your devices to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know the exact make/model and Spotify version of your devices?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I have had the same issue since installing Win 11. I've had several clean installs, and tried installing from Winstore instead of spotify.com. 

Hi there @Torkelsorhus,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Do you mind providing us your Spotify version?

It can also be good to reinstall the app while being on Safe mode.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great continued Friday and start of your weekend 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yep happens on both my win 11 computers (one is a dev version). Reinstalling doesn’t work 

Hey @FoxinuhhBox,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, is this happening with any other app (you can test this when selecting another app to open up at startup (in window mode))?

Changing tunes, could you uninstall the app once more, then restart the computer in Windows Safe Mode and reinstall the app? 

To enter Safe Mode, type "msconfig" into your computer's Search bar > hit enter on System Configuration > select the ‘Boot’ tab > select 'Safe Boot (with networking)'. Then, download Spotify, install it, try logging back and restart your PC in Safe Mode a couple of times in order to see if the issue still persists when Windows loads up. 

We'll keep the music down until we hear back from you. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts