Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Windows] Control buttons (max, min, close) do not response after waking from Sleep / Hibernate

[Windows] Control buttons (max, min, close) do not response after waking from Sleep / Hibernate

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell Latitude 7490

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After I wake my computer from Sleep / Hibernate, the window control buttons (minimize, maximize, close) do not respond or work. Thankfully, I am able to get around this issue by either a) double clicking on the top window bar, or b) dragging the top window bar. This automatically resizes the window from fullscreen, and the control buttons will work normally after this point.

Since I can easily work around this issue, I have lived with the problem for months now. However, after doing this every single day, it is now getting quite annoying. It would be nice if this could get fixed.

Thank you

3 Replies

Hi @risability

Welcome to the Community and thank you for reaching out. 

To start, could you make sure your app's window is properly sized? Go to Options (top left corner) > View > Reset zoom. Does it make a difference? 

If the issue persists, it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the app and then download the app directly from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know how this goes!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I performed both actions (reset zoom and fresh install), but the problem still persists. The control buttons are still unresponsive until I resize the window through the window bar.

Thank you,

- Chris

Hi @risability,

Thank you for keeping in touch, there are other things we can try here.

Please reboot your PC and start it in Safe Mode. Then check again if the issue persists after hibernating it. 

If the issue persists, let us know what's the app version you're running. Also, does this happen with any other app or only with Spotify? 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts