Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows Desktop App Blank Screen

Windows Desktop App Blank Screen

The previous post for this issue has marked it as solved. It isn't. There are times when Spotify launches to a blank, inactive screen. I cannot logout or exit from this screen. My only option is to kill Spotify from Task Manager. If I don't do that within a few minutes, my system will crash. I need to uninstall/reinstall to get Spotify working again. I think I've noticed a pattern. If the app is launched and working but I don't use it before rebooting (as sometimes happens at work, it'll be up, but I won't listen that day), the next time I launch it will be fine. But when I use the app, next time I start it I'll get the blank screen again.

1 Reply

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. Have you tried disabling Hardware Acceleration? 

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Suggested posts