Country

Brazil 

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Hi, 

I'm having some troubles with my application on Windows 7. I installed the app updated, but I try to connect with my Facebook account and the message is that above:

Maybe a Firewall may blocking Spotify. Update your firewall with a permission to Spotify. After that, you can change your current proxy configurations. (Error code: 8).

Thank you.

SPOTIFY.PNG
5 Replies

Hey @Pazetto Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You would need to go to your Firewall settings in your Control Panel. Follow these steps:

1. Click on your Start Button
  2. Click on Control Panel located on the right side of the bar
  3. Click on System and Security, Located on the top left section of the categories
  4. Click on Allow a Program through Windows Firewall, Located Under Window Firewall
  5. Locate and Click on Spotify.exe and check the box on the left under the category of Home/Work or if you on Public Check off Public.

Let me know if it work after you have follow these steps.

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Hi @Keanu_C, thanks for your message. I already did that before open my post, but the problem it's the same. My firewall settings is checked the 3 options: home, public and domain. Do you know another test? Thanks again.
firewall.PNG

Woah!! Interesting.... Let me ask around and ill get back to you on this.  Also could you provide your version of the Spotify app.

Another thing crossed my mind... have you tried logging into your account without signing into Facebook?

Hi Keanu_C, nice to see you again!

There is something interesting: logging with my username and password, it's ok. So i thought that I was blocked in Facebook. But, i opened Google Chrome and used normally my Facebook. Strange, isn't it?

Thanks again!

Suggested posts