Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows clean reinstall inconsistent instructions in different articles

Solved!

Windows clean reinstall inconsistent instructions in different articles

The windows troubleshooting topic here: [Troubleshooting] Windows - The Spotify Community

links to this article for instructions on reinstalling the windows app: Reinstall Spotify - Spotify

Elsewhere moderators keep posting links here instead: How can I perform a clean reinstall of the app? - The Spotify Community. The two articles are not equivalent. The latter one has these instructions which the first one is missing: 

• On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up AppData\Roaming.
  • In the new window that opens up make sure there's no Spotify folder showing up. If there is, you can delete it.
  • Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Local  (or C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage) as well.
  • In addition, you can run a search on your device to look for any leftover Spotify folders left. If you find any, make sure to delete them.
  • Shut down your device, wait a couple of minutes and switch it on again.
  • Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store [The first article does not specify which spotify installer to use].

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Great catch, @mlidbo! I see exactly what you mean. I will pass along your feedback to see if there's any way that can be reworked for consistency. Thanks!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Great catch, @mlidbo! I see exactly what you mean. I will pass along your feedback to see if there's any way that can be reworked for consistency. Thanks!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts