Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yet another black screen case

Yet another black screen case

I've just got this happening to me. I've tried everything that the forums suggest

--disable-accelerated-video --disable-accelerated-plugins --disable-accelerated-overflow-scroll --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background --disable-accelerated-compositin

Disabling hardware acceleration

Running as administrator

Uninstalling and reinstalling

Reinstalling using an older version like suggested going here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/full-offline-installer/td-p/308520...

Running in compatibility mode for XP, Vista, 7, and 8.

Running DEL /F /S /Q /A "%appdata%\Spotify\locales\ru.mo"

I can't even remember all the other things I've tried, but this seems like a lot of trouble I pay $10/month for. I'm using Windows 10.
2 Replies

compatibility mode? usually running as windows 7 will give the best results Also, try remove all traces of spotify first with a cleaning app or any preferred method

Thanks, but I mentioned I've already tried compatibility mode for 7.

Judging from your username, are you perhaps working at Spotify? My preferred method is that I not have to take a course in computer science and learn about how to clean a registry so I can work for free debugging someone else's software.

In spite of this, I've found and deleted something in the registry and reinstalled and it still doesn't work. Telling anyone to "remove all traces" with the intent that that means more than uninstalling the software is already incredibly unreasonable for a paid service.

Suggested posts