Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Bluetooth session end annoyance

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDevicePCWindows 10 official Spotify app My Question or Issue HiAt home, I use a PC with a sound systme and I switch audio to a bluetooth speaker system when I amin another room. Switching this way works perfectly and Spotify'...

• Plan Premium Country  France Device PC Windows 10 official Spotify app   My Question or Issue  Hi At home, I use a PC with a sound systme and I switch audio to a bluetooth sp...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth headphone controls not working

Recently I've been trying to use a new pair of bluetooth headphones with my computer (Windows, Lenovo Yoga Pro 2). All of the controls work fine with the native Windows Media player, but for some reason with Spotify, the Play function control on the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently I've been trying to use a new pair of bluetooth headphones with my computer (Windows, Lenovo Yoga Pro 2). All of the controls work fine with the native Windows Media player, but for some rea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows version really slow

As you can see the title. Spotify is really slow to run in Windows. Running takes many times. I'am waiting you to help me. Even I choose when Windows boot don't run Spotify but Spotify is run.PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 1...

• Regular
  • As you can see the title. Spotify is really slow to run in Windows. Running takes many times. I'am waiting you to help me. Even I choose when Windows boot don't run Spotify but Spotify is run. Plan ...
  • davidcola
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with the ads

PlanFreeCountryArgentinaDevice(Notebook RCA with Intel i3 and 4GB RAM)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have a problem with the Spotify PC app. When I am listenning three or five songs in a row, appear an advertising but it is logic ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Argentina Device (Notebook RCA with Intel i3 and 4GB RAM) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have a problem with the Spotify PC app. When I am lis...
  • EmiCalvin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ads playing wrong
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

When I play spotify my screen goes into power saving mode and goes completely black

My Question or IssueEvery time I open up my spotify in the web player and lay music it puts my computer into power save mode and completely turns the screen black. It didn't use to do this, but now it has persisted for the last week. I even turned of...

• My Question or Issue Every time I open up my spotify in the web player and lay music it puts my computer into power save mode and completely turns the screen black. It didn't use to do this, but now...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't play the song I want when the list is ordered by popularity

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I do a search of songsI got the list of songsI select the "thumb up" in order to order the list by popularity/most listened and then I want to play one of the song but i...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country France  Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I do a search of songs I got the list of songs I select the "thumb up" in order t...
  • Darrepac
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Space bar pauses music when trying to search

Windows 10, when trying to search for a song in a playlist; hitting the spacebar pauses the music instead of recognizing the space in the song name. It's frustrating trying to search for any song when it only recognizes your first word until the spac...

• Casual Listener
  •    Windows 10, when trying to search for a song in a playlist; hitting the spacebar pauses the music instead of recognizing the space in the song name.  It's frustrating trying to sea...
  • motoboat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution playing only every other episode

the app hasn't been working properly for weeks. the main issue is - in a particular podcast that I listen to every day, it only allows me to listen to every other episode. it never allows me to play the other ones. usually, when I hit on play, it pla...

• the app hasn't been working properly for weeks. the main issue is - in a particular podcast that I listen to every day, it only allows me to listen to every other episode. it never allows me to play ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "This song is not available." on Mac

My Spotify just suddenly started to show this message today while listening to some music. It shows the message, songs go quiet 1-5 seconds at time and then start to play again. It doesn't seem that they are paused but just stopping and then continui...

•     My Spotify just suddenly started to show this message today while listening to some music. It shows the message, songs go quiet 1-5 seconds at time and then start to play again. It do...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Concerning Music that Has Disappeared

I have run into this Issue using Spotify on both my Windows 7 desktop, my Windows 10 laptop, and my Android phone ony my premium account, though I believe the issue to be with Spotify's database rather than my individual devices. While listening to m...

•   I have run into this Issue using Spotify on both my Windows 7 desktop, my Windows 10 laptop, and my Android phone ony my premium account, though I believe the issue to be with Spotify's datab...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay option missing

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Autoplay is no longer an option under setting on the desktop app, anyone have a clue to where it has gone?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Autoplay is no longer an option under setting on the desktop app, anyone have a ...
  • seven_horns
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Block/Filter Remixes as a general option in settings

PlanPremium My Question or Issue I see that there have been several people in the past who also posted a similar idea to block/filter remixes.If one thinks about it, this seems like such a basic feature - I got the Spotify premium to be able to shuff...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue  I see that there have been several people in the past who also posted a similar idea to block/filter remixes. If one thinks about it, this seems ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 48 likes
  • block remix
    filter remix
  • 1 replies
  • 48 likes

Error code: 17

PlanFree/PremiumCountry SpainOperating SystemWIndows 7, Android, IOS My Question or Issuei cant use spotify on my phone and on my desktop pc now for a couple of weeks. i have no idea why.. on pc i get this error (attached) the spotify webplayer works...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country  Spain Operating System WIndows 7, Android, IOS   My Question or Issue i cant use spotify on my phone and on my desktop pc now for a couple of week...
  • TommiTheatralo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't run adds automatically and stops more than every 30min

PlanFreeCountrybeen using it in Italy for 10 months (app downloaded in Spain almost 3 years ago)DeviceAsus laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIt's been a while now, Spotify stops instead of running adds automatically and I have to P...

• Plan Free Country been using it in Italy for 10 months (app downloaded in Spain almost 3 years ago) Device Asus laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue It's been a wh...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover weekly not updating

PlanPremiumCountry IcelandDeviceAllOperating SystemallMy Question or Issue This is the 3rd week in a row which the same playlist has been in discover weekly (and I know it's the same one since i already disliked one of the songs that is still grayed ...

• Plan Premium Country  Iceland Device All Operating System all My Question or Issue  This is the 3rd week in a row which the same playlist has been in discover weekly (and I know it...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists from Library Sizing Incorrect

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceMSI LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I use the spotify app on my laptop, the artists from library page for each artsist has a weird sizing issue where the numbers of songs and times go al...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device MSI Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I use the spotify app on my laptop, the artists from library page for...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deletes songs from library

PlanPremiumCountry BelgiumDeviceBlackberry KeyOne & PCOperating SystemAndroid / Windows 10 My Question or IssueI'm an avid user of Spotify, most of the times listening in the car (from my downloaded music on SD-card).Last few months I've been noticin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Belgium Device Blackberry KeyOne & PC Operating System Android / Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm an avid user of Spotify, most of the times listeni...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

How much time is left of a song

It would be very useful if you can see how much time is left of each song while playing. Today you see how much time each song has been played, and you can see how many minutes/sec each song is long. It would be better to see how much time is left.

• It would be very useful if you can see how much time is left of each song while playing.    Today you see how much time each song has been played, and you can see how many minutes/sec eac...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows and Android daily mixes not synced up.

PlanFree.CountrySouth AfricaDeviceLG G4Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI went through the troubleshooting guide however my daily mixes are not synced up as I have 5 on my LG and 2 on my PC. The 2 on the PC are also not the same as any ...

• Plan Free. Country South Africa Device LG G4 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I went through the troubleshooting guide however my daily mixes are not synced up as I h...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web Player not loading playlist

My playlists aren't loading the rest of the songs when I scroll down. It just displays the buffering sign and never loads. I have tried incognito and a new web browser and it still won't load. How do I fix?

• Casual Listener
  • My playlists aren't loading the rest of the songs when I scroll down. It just displays the buffering sign and never loads. I have tried incognito and a new web browser and it still won't load. How do...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes