Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ipanasenko
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

New update causes first track in the list to play when I select a different track in that list

I'm usining Windows 10 on a lenovo laptop and when I updated Spotify it caused the first track in the album or playlist that I am trying to listen from to play when I select a latter track. No matter which song I select it always plays the first trac...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm usining Windows 10 on a lenovo laptop and when I updated Spotify it caused the first track in the album or playlist that I am trying to listen from to play when I select a latter track. No matter...
  • HazardousNoise
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

goodbye spotify

It was a good time, but I only might come back, if you enable private messaging at a usefull level and no other music streaming service gives this feature.

• Casual Listener
  • It was a good time, but I only might come back, if you enable private messaging at a usefull level and no other music streaming service gives this feature.
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Spotify always starts with first song in artists list.

Hi,i have the following problem with the desktop version of spotify (win 10):I prefer using the 'Artists' category instead of playlists. Earlier I could choose any song in the list of a artist I saved, but since a few hours this is not possible any m...

• Hi, i have the following problem with the desktop version of spotify (win 10): I prefer using the 'Artists' category instead of playlists. Earlier I could choose any song in the list of a artist&nb...
  • GenisWon
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't send songs to anyone?

I am unable to send songs to anyone on Facebook or Spotify. It's not that I'm typing their name in and seeing no results, but that the option to send a song to an individual person has been removed entirely, replaced instead by the option to "Post to...

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to send songs to anyone on Facebook or Spotify. It's not that I'm typing their name in and seeing no results, but that the option to send a song to an individual person has been removed e...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

I am on a Deezer test month now. Imported all playlists from Spotify with Spotizr. I can send music to another Deezer user but without a note and notification comes through email. The random flow is great so far. You can dislike a song and it will ne...

• Regular
  • I am on a Deezer test month now. Imported all playlists from Spotify with Spotizr. I can send music to another Deezer user but without a note and notification comes through email. The random flow is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

The play button plays the first song, not the chosen one

Hello i have spotify on windows 10 and 2 days ago when i try to play song (eg. 5th on list) it plays first one - all times in all lists (artist view, album, playlist).Reinstall spotify didn't help i can switch song using next/prev buttons but is not ...

• Hello i have spotify on windows 10 and 2 days ago when i try to play song (eg. 5th on list) it plays first one - all times in all lists (artist view, album, playlist). Reinstall spotify didn't ...
  • orbitsandchaser
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Searching for Artist: often does not list all albums of the artist.

Here's an example search that shows that (often) not all albums are listed after I search for an artist's album: Search for: lars-erik larsson, click on "Albums". The result now shows 13 albums of Lars-Erik Larsson. This is only a subset however of a...

• Casual Listener
  • Here's an example search that shows that (often) not all albums are listed after I search for an artist's album:   Search for:  lars-erik larsson, click on "Albums". The result now shows ...
  • peewee678
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Minimizing Data Usage

I'm not clear on how Spotify works and the difference between a "local" song and songs that have been "synched". I want to minimize data avausage when I'm not on wifi. Clearly listening to Spotify Radio consumes data - I get that. Once I've got a pla...

• Visitor
  • I'm not clear on how Spotify works and the difference between a "local" song and songs that have been "synched".  I want to minimize data avausage when I'm not on wifi.    Clearly ...
  • rodolforoim
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

lyrics

how can I get the lyrics of spotify in windows ,I found musixmatch is no use for it.

• how can I get the lyrics of spotify in windows ,I found musixmatch is no use for it.
  • MarkPedersen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Album images

Every time i open spotify and go to my bands that i want to listen to i don't see at all any image just this... Anyone can help me ?

Immagine Spotify.png
  • Every time i open spotify and go to my bands that i want to listen to i don't see at all any image just this...  Anyone can help me ?    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

@zartouf wrote:@ @Lorenzo_NGG Copy that ! I'll will be back IF and only IF they restore all the data destroyed and manage to upgrade the social tool.Until that, i'll test Deezer. I'm ready for this. I'm too angry against Spotify to continue to give t...

• Roadie
  • @zartouf wrote: @ @Lorenzo_NGG Copy that ! I'll will be back IF and only IF they restore all the data destroyed and manage to upgrade the social tool. Until that, i'll test Deezer. I'm ready for...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

@ Lorenzo_NGG Copy that ! I'll will be back IF and only IF they restore all the data destroyed and manage to upgrade the social tool.Until that, i'll test Deezer. I'm ready for this. I'm too angry against Spotify to continue to give them my money.

• Regular
  • @ Lorenzo_NGG Copy that ! I'll will be back IF and only IF they restore all the data destroyed and manage to upgrade the social tool. Until that, i'll test Deezer. I'm ready for this. I'm too angr...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

@zartoufA good service...If you can deal with the lack of queue management and gapless playback on ios and android and, last but notleast, a web interface that is not really top-notch and other minor issues...

• Roadie
  • @zartouf A good service...If you can deal with the lack of queue management and gapless playback on ios and android and, last but notleast, a web interface that is not really top-notch and other min...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Windows application doesn't scale correctly when moved between monitors

When I move a full screen Spotify from one monitor to another of the same resolution by using Windows shortcut keys (eg. Win + Right arrow) the Spotify app is now fullscreen on my other monitor. However I can't click on anything below the main menu b...

• Casual Listener
  • When I move a full screen Spotify from one monitor to another of the same resolution by using Windows shortcut keys (eg. Win + Right arrow) the Spotify app is now fullscreen on my other monitor. Howe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem solved ! I've just became a premium member of... Deezer.They have a real social feature. Goodbye Spotify. I loved you so much but you became so unrespectfull to your customers. You'll lost them one by one. At the end of this month, my 19,99 €...

• Regular
  • Problem solved ! I've just became a premium member of... Deezer. They have a real social feature. Goodbye Spotify. I loved you so much but you became so unrespectfull to your customers. You'll lost ...
  • 0 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 21 likes

It has been posted before, but you can contact Spotify via live messaging at the following link: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/Choose any category --> Other --> I still need help --> Submit complaint/request to get all the so...

• Casual Listener
  • It has been posted before, but you can contact Spotify via live messaging at the following link: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/ Choose any category --> Other --&gt...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Tracks not available in Windows client that are available on android app

I have an album that I can happily play on the Android app but I get a "song not available, if it is on your computer you can import it" when trying to play in the Windows 10 application. Why?The album is Birdy's self titled debut album if that helps...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an album that I can happily play on the Android app but I get a "song not available, if it is on your computer you can import it" when trying to play in the Windows 10 application. Why? The a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to play "Hitlijsten"

Hi, When i try to play hitlist (No mather what country) i get the following error msg:Failed to load application user:Not installed:Application is not installed Everything else works fine.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   When i try to play hitlist (No mather what country) i get the following error msg: Failed to load application user:Not installed:Application is not installed   Everything else wo...
  • twanvdven
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts playing the first song in the playlist, regardless of the song I choose.

Goodday, I ran into a rather frustrating issue, whenever I wish to play a certain song, spotify instead plays the first song in the playlist. Would anyone be able to tell me whether this is a settings issue, or perhaps a known bug? Thank you in advan...

• Goodday,   I ran into a rather frustrating issue, whenever I wish to play a certain song, spotify instead plays the first song in the playlist.   Would anyone be able to tell me whether...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[desktop] version crashing

The desktop version has been crashing continuously after the latest update. Anyone else?

• Casual Listener
  • The desktop version has been crashing continuously after the latest update. Anyone else?
  • MarkPedersen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes