can't shuffle my queue (new or existing)

4 people liked this

can't shuffle my queue (new or existing)

destiny84
Casual Listener

I have a problem with the Shuffle function. 
Spotify 1.0.28.87 on Windows 10. 

My problem is that I have a queue that I want to shuffle, eg. I'm adding some random albums to my queue that I would like to listen to today. Then I hit the shuffle button, which turns green but does nothing. All songs are still played in order.

I also tried activating shuffle first and then adding albums to my queue, also to no avail. 

What I do notice is that the moment I hit shuffle, the tick in front of the songs (songs from my  music) changes to a plus for a split second, then back to a tick. 

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? 

14 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: can't shuffle my queue (new or existing)

blubbo
Roadie

Shuffle is for playlists, not for the queue.
The queue is a queue, in a queue you have to wait your turn.
If we have the queue get all shuffled around it wouldn't be much of a queue now would it?

What you want to do can be achived by adding these "random albums" to a playlist instead of queueing them, start playing the first song in this playlist and then hit shuffle. You'll see the Play Queue (the name being somewhat confusing) being shuffled. Yay, right? :)

The actual queueing function is actually being renamed to Up Next as has already happened on mobile devices. Not sure if that's going to lessen the confusion tho ...

20 people liked this

jpalbud
Blubbo, you suck, spotify sucks, queue sucks. There's a goddamned shuffle button for god's sake, why can't I click it? It's a goddamned "list" of music I want to "play". Literally a "playlist". Spotify UI is so incredibly bad, it's infuriating. Spotify could easily be 5/5 but because of their **bleep**ty UI it's 2/5.
7 people liked this

12g
Casual Listener

I'm sure that you agree, and are consistent, with your comment:

"If we have the queue get all shuffled around it wouldn't be much of a queue now would it?"

and:

If the shuffled didn't shuffle, it wouldn't be much of a shuffle now would it?

Toadtoad
Roadie

As previously said, you cannot shuffle a queue. You can, however, throw all the albums into a playlist and shuffle that, then delete the playlist when you are done.

15 people liked this

12g
Casual Listener
I see the year is - what 2017 - with the biggest, supposedly "quasi-high tech" streaming company, and were talking about hacks for s h u f f l e!
Solution: Yea, I could screenshot the queue list, send the screenshot to a screen reader program, transfer that to voice recognition, translate that to preferred language, convert that into text, autokey that into mp3 youtube-dl, autokey the list into text, shuffle the text, create an m3u playlist, send the mp3 and playlist to a folder, autokey a media player app, autokey volume setting, etc. and VOILA!
Since they can't create a shuffle in queue mode, could they possible be competent enough to remove the shuffle option when in queue mode?
12 people liked this

ivandurst1

"Yea, I could screenshot the queue list, send the screenshot to a screen reader program, transfer that to voice recognition, translate that to preferred language, convert that into text, autokey that into mp3 youtube-dl, autokey the list into text, shuffle the text, create an m3u playlist, send the mp3 and playlist to a folder, autokey a media player app, autokey volume setting, etc. and VOILA!"

I f'ing love this guy. I agree this is a joke. I want to queue up multiple playlists/albums, and then shuffle them. Easy functionality to add, AMAZING to me that it doesn't exist. Spotify sucks in so many ways, but as of yet there is nothing better.

2 people liked this

Filipedls
Casual Listener

I'm sorry but I can't understand why can't I add X álbuns into my queue and then shuffle it?! The button is even there! Winamp does that, you should check it...

Filipedls
Casual Listener

You can call it a temporary playlist if you want... and don't tell me to create a playlist with that name...

1 person liked this

Filipedls
Casual Listener

"Congratulations Filipedls!

As a result of your contributions to the community your new rank is Gig Goer.

If you need help getting started, have a look at our starter guide

Thanks!

Your Spotify Community Team

Visit your profile page to see your rank and other personal stats."

Yeah thanks for the ranking... i would really prefer that you solved the issues that people complain about, instead of getting into a debate if the the suffle should shuffle or not! Its a shuffle!!!! And a queue is still a queue when you shuffle it, just doesnt have the original order!

queue - a list of data items, commands, etc., stored so as to be retrievable in a definite order, usually the order of insertion. Usually... not always!

SUGGESTED POSTS