Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

folders containing many playlists won´t start playing and showing contents :(

folders containing many playlists won´t start playing and showing contents :(

Hello dear community 🙂 ,

for like 3 months i haven´t been using my spotify premium.

Now that i´m back since yesterday, i sometimes (especially after starting spotify for the first time after turning on my laptop for example) can´t play a playlist folder with just a few or up to 23 playlists in it :S .

And also, when i try to open a playlist folder with for example 23 playlists in it, it shows me just an empty page.. (not even saying, there´s nothing it it... just black)

I tried the windows desktop app and now i use the windows store app, on my windows 10 laptop. Both same behaviour.

I tried reinstall and both are the latest versions... 

Thank you in advance 🙂 

kind regards!

3 Replies

Hey there @mattyyy82,

Thanks for posting about this 🙂

We'd recommend first trying the troubleshooting steps in this support site article.

If the issue persists, could you let us know if the same issue occurs when listening to your playlists on a different device?

We'll be keeping an eye for your reply!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina, hi community 😄

sorry for my late reply.

i´m using spotify on my android 8.1 phone aswell. and none of that is happening there.

the problem with my spotify goes further now... like i said earlier, i didn´t use for quiet a while... so now multimedia buttons on my keyboard and the direct input with my mouse on the buttons for play pause skip and stop won´t react fast.

i tried the troubleshooting, have a fast internet connection and good laptop (if you need certain infos, please ask me, because i don´t really know what´s relevant here).

the whole application is just soo super slow SOMETIMES, not all the time :S confusing!

kind regards 🙂

Hey there @mattyyy82,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this.

In this case, we'd recommend heading here and adding your +VOTE? Make sure to keep an eye for the status of the issue so that you'll get a notification as soon as there's an update.

... so now multimedia buttons on my keyboard and the direct input with my mouse on the buttons for play pause skip and stop won´t react fast.

i tried the troubleshooting, have a fast internet connection and good laptop (if you need certain infos, please ask me, because i don´t really know what´s relevant here).

the whole application is just soo super slow SOMETIMES, not all the time :S confusing!

That sounds like a different issue however. Have you tried toggling off Hardware Acceleration? You can do so from the app's three dot menu > View > Hardware Acceleration.

Also, make sure that your device is on the latest software/hardware versions available.

If that doesn't help, let us know the version of the Spotify app you're currently on.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts