Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

getting logged out when tab closed

getting logged out when tab closed

When I close my tab or have the tab inactive, I am automatically logged out and must reset my password, as my previous password does not work.
8 Replies

Hey there @angelheart04

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this only happens on the web player or on the desktop app as well?

Also, would you mind checking if the same happens on a different device? Also, it's worth trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey @Eni, 

This happens on the web player - the desktop app doesn't work on my computer. 

Regarding different devices, I checked on my phone and it also logs me out there after inactivity (I don't even need to close the tab there). My phone also logs me out even on different internet connections. 

Hopefully this helps you identify the issue! 

Hey @angelheart04,

Thanks for your quick reply 🙂 

Would you mind creating a new account to check if the same happens with it too? You can do it here

If this doesn't happen with the new account, we suggest that you sign out everywhere by following the steps here. Then, you can reset your password once again here

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, 

This also repeated with the new account, so I'm very confused. It's not internet or Wi-Fi based, since it happens in multiple areas.

I would appreciate if any viewers of the thread can say if they have this happen to them; I've talked to other people I know, and none of them report the issue. 

Update: it managed to log me out while I was still listening to a song. The song still played until I logged back in.

Hey @angelheart04,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

If it happens with a different account as well, it could be related to some damaged cache from the Web Player stored on your PC. In case you've already cleared the cache of your browser, we'd recommend doing a deep clean by deleting the host files with the Spotify name. You'll find the instructions in this post (even if it's a different topic).

Also, it would be great if you could check on a different browser or an incognito/private window to see if it makes any difference.

However, if the issue persists, it's also possible that someone else is getting access to your account and logging you out by changing the password. In this scenario, since we cannot access users' accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer support directly so they can check your account and help you further.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Oscar, 

My cache does not have a hosts file, so I cannot proceed with this - however, using Spotify on incognito at least seems to reduce the amount of times this happens (the log-out glitch still occurs, but not as often). 

I will contact Customer support to see if somebody is changing my password, but this seems unlikely since I have to change my password every other hour to even allow Spotify to let me log in (I will contact them anyway, just in case)! 

Hey @angelheart04,

Thanks for the update!
We're here for you in case you require our aid again 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts