Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop/Webplayer] Shuffle and Back does not work on certain playlists.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWebplayerOperating SystemWindows 10 (Google Chrome) My Question or IssueAfter using Spotify's Webplayer on a work device I have noticed that certain playlists in my library will brick my Webplayer, preventing it f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Webplayer Operating System Windows 10 (Google Chrome)   My Question or Issue After using Spotify's Webplayer on a work device I have noticed t...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Song is stuttering at sec 7-10

Okay so since last week, my spotify is acting crazy. Every song i play is like suttering at the beginning for a few seconds and its pissing me off. I usually never need any help when it comes to technical issues because im a tech guy myself, but this...

• Visitor
  • Okay so since last week, my spotify is acting crazy. Every song i play is like suttering at the beginning for a few seconds and its pissing me off. I usually never need any help when it comes to tech...
  • oscuro87
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files automatically link to Spotify Database

Another issue that Spotify is REALLY grinding my gears with... First of all, the album that I wanted to listen to was not on Spotify. So me being me, I gather up the album and artwork and change all of the settings on iTunes to make it proper. Then I...

• Visitor
  • Another issue that Spotify is REALLY grinding my gears with... First of all, the album that I wanted to listen to was not on Spotify. So me being me, I gather up the album and artwork and change ...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Your Library] Bring back song progress bar

In the latest desktop application, there is no longer a lower time bar/progress bar that shows the duration of the individual track and the progress through the song. This is an extremely useful feature and it should be brought back!

• Casual Listener
  • In the latest desktop application, there is no longer a lower time bar/progress bar that shows the duration of the individual track and the progress through the song. This is an extremely useful feat...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Connect] BUG: Cannot Spotify Connect when playing Playlist Folder

When playing a Playlist Folder (in order to shuffle multiple playlists) Spotify Connect will not work. Works only if "This Computer" is selected as playback device. Attempt to select other device through Spotify Connect results in following error mes...

• When playing a Playlist Folder (in order to shuffle multiple playlists) Spotify Connect will not work.   Works only if "This Computer" is selected as playback device.   Attempt to selec...
  • ckargel
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

[Desktop][Other] ads dont close and unable to browse when video is maxed in frame

same thing ads dont close when i press x on them while im watching JRE i hope it not a premium thing if so thats annoying af im not talking about skipping ads im talking about the pop up over the ad it wont let me browse other things/shows during thi...

• Casual Listener
  • same thing ads dont close when i press x on them while im watching JRE i hope it not a premium thing if so thats annoying af im not talking about skipping ads im talking about the pop up over the ad ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is cutting all my audio

PlanFree/PremiumUsing PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Windows PCOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Windows 10My Question or IssueFor some reason every time I pause Spotify or a playlist fini...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Using Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Windows PC Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Windows 10...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't receive email or cellphone notifications

I use both the desktop and mobile(IOS) Spotify app,and I've turned on all the notification settings in my account,but when my favorite artist released an new album,there wasn't any notifications to let me know.How does this function work?I thought it...

• Music Fan
  • I use both the desktop and mobile(IOS) Spotify app, and I've turned on all the notification settings in my account, but when my favorite artist released an new album, there wasn't any notification...
  • jc3113
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Issue with searching

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.When I have typed on search box, n...

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Wind...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Browse
    Search
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics are not fully visible

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen viewing lyrics on the spotify desktop app , most of the time a huge chunk of the lyrics are cut off and since scrolling is not possible only a bit of each line ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country India Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When viewing lyrics on the spotify desktop app , most of the time a huge chunk of...
  • OscarDC
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Plus

PlanSpotify PlusCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have Spotify Plus until April. But I cannot skip ads.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Spotify Plus Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have Spotify Plus until April. But I cannot skip ads.
  • CPII
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Random artists showing up in my Release Radar.

My Question or IssueI have Premium now for about 8 years. There was a lapse in my account back in 2012 which is why it shows 6 years rather than 8. I listen to nothing but Drum 'n' Bass. As far as I know nobody has ever hijacked my account nor does a...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue I have Premium now for about 8 years. There was a lapse in my account back in 2012 which is why it shows 6 years rather than 8. I listen to nothing but Drum 'n' ...
  • paddotk
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist is repeating songs when REPEAT is off!

I am playing my "Liked Songs" playlist... Repeat & Shuffle are off... yet the queue is repeating songs. Not only is it repeating them, but not all of the songs are playing before they repeat.PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSADevicedesktopOperating SystemWi...

• Music Fan
  • I am playing my "Liked Songs" playlist... Repeat & Shuffle are off... yet the queue is repeating songs. Not only is it repeating them, but not all of the songs are playing before they repeat. Pl...
  • PandaWoods321
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • repeat
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Fullscreen album cover/media control fade away after a few seconds

PlanPremium FamilyCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I've only just discovered the fullscreen option recently and this has become how I like to listen to Spotify now as I was able to throw it up on my secon...

nfbyrne_0-1629373778325.png nfbyrne_1-1629373812081.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Australia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I've only just discovered the fullscreen option recently and this has become ...
  • Elena
  • 53 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 53 replies
  • 30 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wont connect to my phone and vise versa. And discord status doesn’t work

PlanFreeCountryPuerto RicoDevicePC DesktopOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI have noticed that as of late spotify has some “missing issues” and one of them is that i cannot connect spotify to my Iphone which makes it tedious since i hav...

• Plan Free Country Puerto Rico Device PC Desktop Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I have noticed that as of late spotify has some “missing issues” and one of them is t...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Objectionable content cannot be hidden

I've been staring at these for months now with no way to remove them. My 8 yr old just asked me what does "UnF*ck your brain" mean? Contacted support and was told there was nothing they could do and that I just had to live with it. Hey Gustav Söderst...

spotify2.png
  •   I've been staring at these for months now with no way to remove them. My 8 yr old just asked me what does "UnF*ck your brain" mean?     Contacted support and was told there w...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unique Podcasts (Flow State) Not Supported

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceDell (Application and Website in Edge)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI love listening to Flow State, a podcast that has a playlists of music that is not distracting so you can "get in the flow" at work. On ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Dell (Application and Website in Edge) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I love listening to Flow State, a podcast that has a playlist...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Flow State
    Microsoft Edge
    podcast
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Order of song and artist for the current song is inconsistent

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9/Windows DesktopOperating SystemAndroid 10/Windows 11 My Question or IssueOn my phone's lock screen, the current song that is playing will appear as "Song - Artist" such as "We Will Rock You - Que...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9/Windows Desktop Operating System Android 10/Windows 11   My Question or Issue On my phone's lock screen, the current song th...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Language bug

PlanAnyCountryAnyDeviceAnyOperating SystemAny My Question or IssueSpotify displays content in multiple languages although the user specifies one language. Please see pictures in appendix proving this. The language selection feature is completely mess...

• Plan Any Country Any Device Any Operating System Any   My Question or Issue Spotify displays content in multiple languages although the user specifies one language. Please see pict...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can simultaneously playing diferent songs on PC and smartphone.

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevice(Blackberry Passport and Windows 10)Operating System(BlackBerry Os 10) My Question or IssueOk, so I have very strange issue with playing music from Spotify. Right now I can play songs from my phone and as well from the P...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device (Blackberry Passport and Windows 10) Operating System (BlackBerry Os 10)   My Question or Issue Ok, so I have very strange issue with playing music f...
  • awreccan
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes