Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution A playlist will play just one second per song

I received a shared playlist from Linkedin https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6xx2bsAB85N4ovGFAOET2O?si=2cd707e70acd4f24&nd=1 and it plays just a second from every song and stops. I don't have a Spotify Premium membership. Any ideas? Do I need to have...

• Visitor
  • I received a shared playlist from Linkedin https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6xx2bsAB85N4ovGFAOET2O?si=2cd707e70acd4f24&nd=1 and it plays just a second from every song and stops. I don't have a S...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution After 1 song plays in my playlist, another song plays from a different list

When I choose to hear playlist, it gives one song from the list but after it uses a song not from the list. I've been looking up how to fix it but they say to disable a auto play setting but it wont work. Please help.

• Visitor
  • When I choose to hear playlist, it gives one song from the list but after it uses a song not from the list. I've been looking up how to fix it but they say to disable a auto play setting but it wont ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all songs in playlist after reinstalling Spotify on Desktop x2

Plan:PremiumCountry:England / United KingdomDevice:(iPhone SE)Operating System:(Windows 10) My Question or Issue:I had a syncing issue with my Spotify in where the desktop wasn’t matching up to my iPhone when I would add new songs into my already exi...

• Plan: Premium Country: England / United Kingdom Device: (iPhone SE) Operating System: (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue: I had a syncing issue with my Spotify in where the desktop wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I change the full screen photo?

In PC full screen mode the artist photo appears and not the album or song photo in the middle like before. In my opinion, the albums or song photo is better and I wanted to know if it can change it.

• Casual Listener
  • In PC full screen mode the artist photo appears and not the album or song photo in the middle like before. In my opinion, the albums or song photo is better and I wanted to know if it can change it.
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Any way to minimize or remove items on the sidebar?

I never use anything in "Your Library"--just use the Playlists--and I have to scroll down every time I want to access anything that I use.

• Casual Listener
  • I never use anything in "Your Library"--just use the Playlists--and I have to scroll down every time I want to access anything that I use.
  • JustNaeem
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Clicking on song plays a different song

I am on Spotify Premium. When I click a song to play in my liked songs list, Spotify plays a different song. And I have to click again to force it to play the song I want.

• Visitor
  • I am on Spotify Premium. When I click a song to play in my liked songs list, Spotify plays a different song. And I have to click again to force it to play the song I want.
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Podcasts] Track fade will leave Podcast episodes "un-finished"

fading tracks (on by default for me), will leave podcast episodes unfinished, because it wasnt playing the last couple of seconds... i think. look into it. See if you can "finish" a track if you reach the last 20 seconds. or mark it when fading away ...

• Regular
  • fading tracks (on by default for me), will leave podcast episodes unfinished, because it wasnt playing the last couple of seconds... i think.    look into it. See if you can "finish" a tr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs cutting in and out briefly; HP PC; Premium; Both webpage & app

Even if I download the playlist it still cuts in and out. Cannot play one song through because it cuts in and out every 2-3 seconds. Not an internet issue, the connection is good and restarted the computer. Cleared data. Have also uninstalled and rei...

• Even if I download the playlist it still cuts in and out. Cannot play one song through because it cuts in and out every 2-3 seconds. Not an internet issue, the connection is good and restarted the co...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Your Library] Liked songs from collaborative albums are not listed and organized appropriately

This is more a bug, so I don't know if I'm supposed to submit it differently than an idea/feature request.When albums are made by two different artists with their names equally listed as the album artist, it sometimes adds liked songs from the album ...

• Casual Listener
  • This is more a bug, so I don't know if I'm supposed to submit it differently than an idea/feature request. When albums are made by two different artists with their names equally listed as the album ...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Your Library
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Only 249 local files seem to load. Is that a normal limitation? Library Win

So, I have found out how to check mark the local files as well as turning it off and back on while restarting the app to rescan; however, my issue is that I have some 3000+ local music files. All from iTunes, Google Music (previous life), and now mos...

• Visitor
  • So, I have found out how to check mark the local files as well as turning it off and back on while restarting the app to rescan; however, my issue is that I have some 3000+ local music files. All fro...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Não consigo ver as atividades dos meus amigos.

Faz uns meses que bugou a minha barra de "atividades dos amigos", antes apareciam as atividades de todos que eu seguia, agora com o bug ficaram apenas 2 pessoas. Isso tem cerca de 6 meses. Esperei que resolvesse e nada. Sigo 13 pessoas e só duas apar...

• Faz uns meses que bugou a minha barra de "atividades dos amigos", antes apareciam as atividades de todos que eu seguia, agora com o bug ficaram apenas 2 pessoas. Isso tem cerca de 6 meses. Esperei qu...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs glitching mid song.

My Spotify songs keep repeating during certain parts of a song. It's always the same parts and always on the same songs. It only happens on my Windows 10 desktop app.

• Visitor
  • My Spotify songs keep repeating during certain parts of a song. It's always the same parts and always on the same songs. It only happens on my Windows 10 desktop app.
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify blend ruining friend activity

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 11,Windows 11 PC )Operating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI joined a Spotify blend with a friend and after we joined it, the friend activity on the desktop only shows each other, and other people in other blend...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 11,Windows 11 PC ) Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I joined a Spotify blend with a friend and after we joined it, ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I'm using Spotify app will it count as a stream if I lower the volume from sound settings

PlanFreeCountry DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am using the Spotify app on windows 10. Will it not count as a stream if I lower the volume from the "app volume and device preferences" in sound settings of the laptop and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am using the Spotify app on windows 10. Will it not count as a stream if I lower the volume ...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All of my account's playlists have vanished from library.

None of the below information is required. However, the more you providIe the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLITERALLY ALL OF THEMOperating SystemEVERY ONE WE HAVE TRIED My Question or IssueAll of my account's pla...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you providIe the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country USA Device LITERALLY ALL OF THEM Operating System ...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution video black screen

After 5 mins of play video goes black. Audio unaffected.Tried logging out and uninstalling all devices then reinstalling on 1 and logging back in. Tried restart. Tried playback settings to normal. Tried downloading the content. Tried playing other co...

• After 5 mins of play video goes black. Audio unaffected. Tried logging out and uninstalling all devices then reinstalling on 1 and logging back in. Tried restart. Tried playback settings to normal. ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify.com redirecting to Brazil site

When I go to https://www.spotify.com/ it automatically redirects me to https://www.spotify.com/br/ even tho the location in my account is set to India and I'm not using any proxy or vpn

• Visitor
  • When I go to https://www.spotify.com/ it automatically redirects me to https://www.spotify.com/br/ even tho the location in my account is set to India and I'm not using any proxy or vpn
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sometimes the song playing in playlist doesn't match song actually playing

Noticed this on a Spotify official playlist: https://imgur.com/XkiS2qbNotice the song in green on the main browser window doesn't match the song in "Now Playing".I think this has to do with playlists updating; I must be playing a previous version of ...

• Visitor
  • Noticed this on a Spotify official playlist: https://imgur.com/XkiS2qb Notice the song in green on the main browser window doesn't match the song in "Now Playing". I think this has to do with pla...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes