Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Rowan94
  • Visitor
  • 214 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 214 replies
  • 16 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I'm experiencing multiple issues with my app

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuethe top bar in playlists is transparent when it shouldn't (zrzut ekranu 104817)my friends activity isn't showing (zrzut ekranu 104829)when moving songs in a playlist it do...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue the top bar in playlists is transparent when it shouldn't (zrzut ekranu 104817) my friends act...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Drag and Drop up no longer works

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueYou can't drag and drop a up, only down now with the new update. There is a zone at the very bottom of the screen(just above the banner adbar) that when the song in a playlist is dragged over it to move ...

• Regular
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue You can't drag and drop a up, only down now with the new update.   There is a zone at the very bottom of the screen(just above the b...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Discord doesn't seem to be in Spotify's case

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI talked to Discord before I came to get your help, and I did everything they said, but the problem wasn't solved, so I think the problem is not about discord, but a...

•   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I talked to Discord before I came to get your help, and I did everything they sai...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Track information overlaps column headers when scrolling

Bug in the Windows software: when you scroll a playlist, the track information overlaps with the column headers. See attachment for example.

• Music Fan
  • Bug in the Windows software: when you scroll a playlist, the track information overlaps with the column headers. See attachment for example.
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution It's not possible to play a playlist in reversed order

In the Windows software you can't reverse sort a playlist on the manual order the tracks were put in. When you have someone else's playlist and want to play those tracks in the reverse order that is not possible.

• Music Fan
  • In the Windows software you can't reverse sort a playlist on the manual order the tracks were put in.   When you have someone else's playlist and want to play those tracks in the reverse order...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PgUp / PgDn buttons don't work in playlist

Windows 10 After selecting a track in a playlist, the Page Up and Page Down buttons only work once or twice. After that the current selected track no longer changes.

• Music Fan
  • Windows 10   After selecting a track in a playlist, the Page Up and Page Down buttons only work once or twice. After that the current selected track no longer changes.
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Transparent playlist title bar?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceCustom Desktop, Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 3060 TiOperating SystemWindows 11---I might not have noticed this before but is this title bar(?)(not sure of the actual terminology) supposed to be completely transparent? It looks a bi...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Custom Desktop, Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 3060 Ti Operating System Windows 11 --- I might not have noticed this before but is this title bar(?)(not sure of the act...
  • thecheckers
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Available Devices "names"

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceAll devicesOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSpotify used to show the names of the Available devices now it just shoes a string of numbers for devices that aren't PCs ie Amazon Echo ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device All devices Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Spotify used to show the names of the Available devices ...
  • Eni
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • available devices
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Duplicating playlists

Pretty self-explanatory but I think it would be really useful to have a feature that lets you duplicate an existing playlist, for example if you want to preserve a playlist you have the way it is but also create a very similar one with a few songs ch...

• Visitor
  • Pretty self-explanatory but I think it would be really useful to have a feature that lets you duplicate an existing playlist, for example if you want to preserve a playlist you have the way it is but...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix 2 not displayed

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DevicePC, desktop app.Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueDaily Mixes go 1, 3, 4, 5, 6. There is no Daily Mix 2 on the main view. The only way to see Daily Mix 2 is to go to "see all".

• Plan Premium Country United States   Device PC, desktop app. Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Daily Mixes go 1, 3, 4, 5, 6. There is no Daily Mix 2 on the main ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Disabling Desktop Overlay when using media keys isn't working

PlanPremium DuoCountryusaDeviceNew Dell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm using my work computer, and I work on my computer all day as an analyst. For years I've used spotify to listen to music and podcasts while I work. Then t...

• Plan Premium Duo Country usa Device New Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm using my work computer, and I work on my computer all day as an analyst.&nbsp...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Disable
    keys
    media
    media keys
    overlay
    turn off
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web Player passes clicks through top bar

Device/OSWindows 10, Firefox, Web Player(Apologies for posting this in the wrong forum, but there doesn't seem to be a specific forum for the web player.) My Question or IssueThe top bar (black or purple, depending on page) uses the pointer-events: n...

pointer-events-none.png pointer-events-auto.png
  • Device/OS Windows 10, Firefox, Web Player (Apologies for posting this in the wrong forum, but there doesn't seem to be a specific forum for the web player.)   My Question or Issue The top b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle is not random??

Surely shuffle is supposed to be random? Mine definitely is not. It plays the same songs over and over, and the more I listen to one artist, the more it seems to play that artist. I have so many songs in my library that never get a listen. Is there a...

• Visitor
  • Surely shuffle is supposed to be random? Mine definitely is not. It plays the same songs over and over, and the more I listen to one artist, the more it seems to play that artist. I have so many song...
  • Daniel227
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Liked playlist limited

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHello I have 700+ song in "liked songs playlist". But then I start play, only ~40 songs placed in queue and they are cycled. I want to play all my liked songs in random or in order...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hello I have 700+ song in "liked songs playlist". But then I start play, only ~40 songs placed in queue and they ar...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Listen along through discord. Song changes but has to be manually played.

PlanPremiumCountryI am in canada the other party is in usaDevice Operating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueI am listening along through discord and my song changes when the other party changes the song but I have to hit play on each one or it j...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country I am in canada the other party is in usa Device   Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am listening along through discord and my...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Activity Not Working [dec 2021]

PlanPremiumCountryThe Netherlands DeviceAcer laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe friend activity is not working. I can't see what my friends are listening to. It looks like I have a setting turned off, but I can't find which one....

Spotify.png
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands   Device Acer laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The friend activity is not working. I can't see what my friends are...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution azeriaaaa

PlanDuoCountry - The Netherlands   Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFriend activity completely empty and greyed out and claiming I must "enable my listening activity" to see what my friends are listening to. I have that setting enabled ...

2021-12-21 07_47_17-Window.png sgxghbsd.JPG
  • Music Fan
  •   Plan Duo Country - The Netherlands      Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Friend activity completely empty and greyed out and claiming I must "en...
  • unclerk
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Radio And Friend Feed Are Missing. I've Tried A Reinstall. Why?

Plan Premium Country BR Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10) My Question or Issue My radio just doesn't work, and my "friends activity" doesn't work either, i have already reinstalled but it didn't solve my problem.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  BR Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue My radio just doesn't work, and my "friends activity" doesn't work eit...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friend Activity
    PC
    Radio
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Search in playlist" prevents audio playback

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 64-bit My Question or IssueUsing the "Search in playlist" feature (Ctrl+F) and searching for characters such as " " (blank space) will cause all further songs clicked by the user to r...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 64-bit   My Question or Issue Using the "Search in playlist" feature (Ctrl+F) and searching for characters suc...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend versus Following Activity

There was a discussion that was recently closed about missing people on the Friend Activity feed (Desktop version). Spotify explained the new privacy settings. There may still be debate about if this is the right fix; for example, I can search for fo...

• Music Fan
  • There was a discussion that was recently closed about missing people on the Friend Activity feed (Desktop version). Spotify explained the new privacy settings. There may still be debate about if this...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes