Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do i use my bose soundtouch with spotify

Solved!

how do i use my bose soundtouch with spotify

Hi

can anybody give me pretty simple instructions/guiddance as to how i can play spotify directly through my bose soundtouch 30??

any help gratefully appreciated

thanks 

55 Replies

Erm hello? If you got to preferences, you should see your bose speaker in there if its switched on, then if you click on it, you can have your sound routed through. Can you no read? As that's what the reply says!

Maybe I miunderstood. Lets see When you say click on Preferences then on the sound Icon on the Mac preferences screen , then you should see your speaker listed ok I have Mac , airport express, Apple TV and Bose SoundTouch 69CA14. So I should select the Bose Airplay ? Now its highlighted . Yes, ok then I turn on the Bose Wave SoundTouch and select which input (option)?. Assuming all this is correct and I select the input you provide then I can use my playlists on the Mac screen, or iphone, or Ipad?. What do we do with playing off line?. I like the best Music playing all night. 

My apologies if I smarted off outof turn.

B

As of October 2014, you can use Spotify on your Bose Soundtouch, but only if you have the premium subscription that costs $10 a month. I have the so-called "unlimited" subscription for $5 a month, but apparently it is no longer "unlimited" since it won't work on my Soundtouch. I have to say that's a big disappointment, and it has motivated me to start looking for another service.

-Joe Offer-

As at October 2014 can stream Spotify ( premium ) through Bose SoundTouch 30/20? Have you tried to do this and been successful or otherwise. ( From desk top. ) I imagined "saved" tracks in "offline" mode would achieve the result - has anyone been able to get this result?

All of the previous discussion is moot. As of about October, 2014, Spotify was finally available on Soundtouch. There still are some bugs to be worked out and I still have to learn all the ins and outs, but it sounds terrific.

I have not yet figured out how to control Spotify on Soundtouch with a PC, but I have apps on my Droid phone and on my Kindle Fire that perform right nicely with Spotify and Soundtouch. My Kindle Fire makes a wonderful Soundtouch controller for Spotify. Note that this works from the Spotify app, not from the Soundtouch app - and you have to go to "tools" and select the device you're playing on.

But I went to set this up on my Spotify Unlimited subscription, and found that the Unlimited membership was no longer available and that i had to upgrade to Premium, at twice the price. In the end, I think things will all be worked out and Spotify will work very well on Soundtouch - at $10 a month.

I can get only one of my Bose devices to stream Spotify. I have a Soundtouch in the living room and the Soundtouch portable in the study. I can link them with Pandora to play the same music but not with Spotify because it only lets me put an arrow next to one device. What am I doing wrong?

I have only one Soundtouch device, so I can't be absolutely certain of the answer. Note that you operate Spotify on Soundtouch with Spotify software, not with Soundtouch softwere. The Spotify software allows you to play Spotify on only one device at a time. You can have several devices installed, but you have to select which one of the devices is going to play Spotify. -Joe-

I wish someone could tell me exaclty how to get this done..PC with Spotify premium, playing out of the Bose SoundTouch 20 I just bought. I am extremely frustrated... Bose lists Spotify as a supported service, I don't own a smartphone or a tablet though, and Spotify and Bose sure has'nt made it easy or clear about how to get this done 😞

Hi,

If you don't have a Smart Phone you can't use this the intended way.

You can get third party that allows your PC to be an Airplay device, but it
isn't as good sound wise as using a phone.

from BFM Sorry to inform you that you cannot stream Spotify from a PC to
Bose. With long talks with helpful Bose they admitted, advised such
streaming is not available. I returned my Bose and bought Sonos and that
works well, streaming from a PC.

Marked as solution

It's a little confusing to figure out, but SoundTouch does work with Spotify now, and it works very well - but it works from the Spotify software, not from the Soundtouch software. You have to have the Premium version of Spotify, and then you install your SoundTouch as a "device" on Spotify." You use Spotify software on your SmartPhone or PC to select the music you want to play - and it works beautifully, once you've figured out how to set it up and operate it.

I'm one of those people who likes to figure things out, so I found it fun to set this all up. Then I let my Premium membership lapse to Free, and it doesn't work any more. And I find I'm just as happy, and don't have to pay $10 a month for Spotify. I have a large music library of my own, and I find I don't listen to Spotify enough to justify spending $10 a month.

-Joe-

Is it correct that Spotify doesn't work when being played from a Mac, even if you download the Mac App?

Ya you have to buy a Bluetooth adapter for the aux port for $50 at best buy

Finally, finally got Spotify to recognize my Bose Soundtouch. It would not work with my LG G2 Android phone, but it did with my iPad, and now the Droid works, too. It sounds good, but I still prefer Sonos.

Spotify and Sonos work brilliantly together. BFM

Hi,
I find that playing music from the Spotify App Sounds far less loud and clear than playing Spotify from the Bose App (Explore--Recents)
How can I get to play my Spotify Music Library directly from Bose App???
I would appreciate some feed back about this)

*I have Soundtouch SA4 Amplifier with its Wireless adapter playing with the 251 SE outdoor speakers.

I have a Bose Cinemate 520 Surround Sound System with Soundtouch adaptor installed in my Living Room. I also have several Bose Soundtouch S30 units in various places around the house. I often play music from my Iphone using Airplay with each of the S30s as independent Soundtouch devices, this has worked flawleslsy since I invested in an Airport Extreme Router.

Every now and then when home alone I use the Soundtouch app on my Macbook Pro to group/link all Soundtouch devices, broadcasting excellent quality music.

There is an option to signup for a free Deezer trial within the Macbook Pro Soundtouch app and registering enables music from the Deezer library to be broadcast to any combination of Soundtouch devices. Using the Soundtouch app for IOS enables the same control of music library and grouped devices.

Within the Soundtouch app on the Macbook Pro there is an option to link the Soundtouch Group Control to the IOS Spotify Connect app provided as part of the Premium package. This enables library control from the IOS device, also the Macbook Pro Spotify app and grouped device control works in the same way.

The Deezer workflow from inside the Macbook Pro Soundtouch app is pretty good, however I prefer using the connectred Spotify app on the Macbook Pro and/or IOS. Given the magnitude of the music library, the sound quality, functionality and the superior workflow within the Spotify interface this is my preference.

Notes:

- Connection to the Bose Cinemate system using Airplay via Apple TV was spurious at best. The same scenario using an IOS device was flawless.

- Due to Library limitations, Apple Music has been trialed and binned. It is a nicely integrated app but try searching for something by the Beatles. I also like Spotify, Mixcloud and Beatport in seperate locations.

- The only tiny niggle with Spotify Premium is having to setup the connect app from the IOS device rather than on the Macbook Pro locally.

Marked as solution

Problem solved! A new SoundTouch software update came out today (I was prompted to update) and now Spotify is fully integrated into the Bose app! Works perfectly, will make you log into your Spotify premium account again though. But now you can access all Spotify features right from the SoundTouch app! Much easier. And seems to work a lot better too. Watch for the update and install it.

I have a Bose SoundTouch 30 (III Generation) using the Bose SoundTouch App and the Spotify Premium Account.

When I play a certain album on my iPhone/Mac/iPad using the BoseSoundTouch App via Wifi transmission, there is only one song (not the whole album) played on my Bose SoundTouch 30. When I use Bluetooth the complete album is played on the Bose SoundTouch 30.

What went wrong? This happens only with the album "Glückmomente" by Prince Damien. All other artist albums on spotify work well.

Hi, some tracks are not available in all countries. So I am guessing
something is set up on your phone that makes your home country seem
different than it does to your sound touch directly. So the phone can play
the track while sound touch can't.

Suggested posts