Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playlist not queuing properly

playlist not queuing properly

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

HP Envy Desktop 750-116

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist made of episodes from various podcasts following a particular theme, so that I can listen to them all in the same place without episodes about unrelated topics. When I try to play them however the playlists loads some of the episodes out of order (some are multipart episodes) and some episodes are not loaded at all. I currently have premium, and this is on desktop so on demand/non-shuffled shouldn't be an issue anyway. Also I have made sure that shuffle is turned off.

7 Replies

Hey @ChildeRolandm,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

It would be great if you can give us the following info, so that we can investigate this:

• Have you noticed a particular pattern of the episodes playing?
  • Do they appear to be sorted by by title or release date maybe?
  • How big is the playlist and what happens if they try with a smaller one of, let's say 10-20 episodes?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1) They seem to group by podcast, but not any particular pattern within the groupings (see 2)
2) some episodes are grouped by release date with regard to others from the same podcast (although some episodes that should be there are simply missing from the queue), but others are mostly random aside from being grouped with other episodes from the same podcast, although if both parts of a two-parter appear they tend to be in the correct order.

3) There are currently 267 entries in the playlist; the only other playlist that includes podcast episodes is 25 entries and doesn't seem to have any problems. I don't know if this happens with other large (100+ entry) playlists as those are all music playlists that I play on shuffle anyway. I haven't had any issues like this with any playlists that are less than 50 entries.

Hi there @ChildeRoland,

Thank you for your reply and the detailed information.

Can you provide us a recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you're having?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Spotify version: Spotify for Windows
1.1.79.763.gc2965cdf

I'm not sure what you're asking for when you say recording. I can get screenshots of what it should look like (what the playlist actually contains) and what it ends up looking like, but I don't really have any recording software right now.

I have this issue with the desktop version: Spotify for Windows 1.1.86.857.g3751ee08. I simply want my podcast episodes to play in order. I even tried to make a playlist and drag the episodes in order. But even when I play my playlist, it randomly jumps to an episode. Looking at the queue, it has everything randomly selected. Please help. Spotify, why can't you have a clear queue button or easier add to queue methods? Drag, select, copy functionality should be incredibly easy to add. I'm tired of talking to support who take forever to tell me "uninstall, reinstall", and then to have it break again in the next release.

tomtomtommytom_0-1654782033341.png

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Sometimes it can be corrupt cache files that causing this so we recommend that you follow the steps in this article.

@tomtomtommytom - If you still experiencing this it would be great if you could provide us screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

On another note, do you get the same behavior if you're using a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 😉

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts