Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify is giving the error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." whenever I try to play any song on the Spotify Windows desktop app. My account is working with both the smartphone app on my Samsung phone as well as the web browser version on my computer.

As per recommendations both here and elsewhere on the internet, I have tried the following to no avail:

• Sign out and sign in again
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Spotify Windows app
  • Disable hardware acceleration
  • Change stream quality
  • Delete the "local-files.bnk" file from the AppData folder

I am on a newly-built PC with little other software installed, so there ought not be any conflicts or bugs relating to other programs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Probably you use a soundcard/DAC with a high sample rate.

I assume when you change your sample rate in your audio device win Win 10 to 16bit /194 khz it will work.

I experience the same and from my point of view this a bug in the app. Use instead the Web player. Bad workaround...but at least a workaround... 😕

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Probably you use a soundcard/DAC with a high sample rate.

I assume when you change your sample rate in your audio device win Win 10 to 16bit /194 khz it will work.

I experience the same and from my point of view this a bug in the app. Use instead the Web player. Bad workaround...but at least a workaround... 😕

Regards

Thanks for your suggestion. I looked into it and my sound card (NI Komplete Audio 6) appears to be set to 24 bit / 44100 Hz output, however the drop-down list is greyed out and I am unable to change it. I just got this sound card recently and I'm not super familiar with it just yet.

EDIT: I installed the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 driver utility and Spotify is now working. I am now also able to change the bit depth and sample rate in the Windows Sound dialog window, though it doesn't seem to matter which settings I choose either here or in the driver utility.

Hey there @skttrbrn and @Bronko73,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your solutions in here. We really appreciate it 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one reply away. We're happy to help.

Have a great Friday and weekend 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts