Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This track is not available." for every single song on spotify.

Solved!

"This track is not available." for every single song on spotify.

I logged on to spotify for Windows today, and for every single track I try to play, it skips to the next available song and puts a message at the top that says "This track is not available. If you have it on your computer you can import it." 
Things I have tried (to no avail):
-Restart Computer
-Close/Reopen Spotify

-End Spotify Processes, then reopen

Anybody know what's going on?

75 Replies

finally solved !!!.. the problem is my sound driver "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" which is 'vendor driver installed' change it to Intel "High Definition Audio Device" following tutorial in this link https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/matthew_van_eerde/2010/08/23/troubleshooting-how-to-install-the-mic...

Dear spotify
This is suddenly happening to me every day all of a sudden. And im on samsung s7..so im pretty sure its got nothing to do with sound drivers, mic settings and what nots. Whats going on and how to fix this for mobile?

I had this issue after trying to change my setup from HDMI out to SPDIF optical out. When I changed back to HDMI audio (to my home theater, then TV), the audio from Spotify and Kodi didn't work. Everything else worked perfectly.

As it turns out, one of the setting I changed was the speaker configuration in the Wondows Sound settings from stereo to 3.1 out. Turns out Spotify didn't like that, telling me that none of my music was available when I tried to stream. Changed it back to Stereo and now it works.

Very strange, but it worked.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for this! I was on a laptop and i was like HTH do i disconnect my screen? lol

I know this has been solved, but it happened to me and i did something different. My headphone plug on my computer doesn't work so i use a usb device that has a headphone and mic plug, and i just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it fixed it.

@shaishandil wrote:

I went into Edit > Preferences > Local Files section

And switched off everything but 'Downloads'. All of a sudden all my music could magically play again.

Kudos to Jake. http://www.jakelitwicki.com/2016/05/26/spotify-song-not-available-file-computer-can-import/

Wow, that fixed my issue too.  What a wacky program

One thing that happened to me was because too many songs were local files which I had manually downloaded. In an effort to organize them, I moved them to a new file, but I had the same "This song is not available message" on all of them. This was an easy fix of changing the local file settings and restarted the Spotify client. 

did what you said, finally Spotify works!!

It seems plain silly that  spotify could not stream songs just because I have the records (in flac) in my PC 

Windows 8 64bit

Spotify Premium

Tried every fix mentioned such as:

Logging off and on, reinstalling twice, cache clearing, undocking, retarting audio services, changing local file settings, etc.

Everything worked until there was a windows update on Friday 3/31.

Solved this by changing the output of my soundcard back to a sample rate of 48k - some reason it had moved to 96k

That's exactly what helped me. I have turned off everything else than the default directory where I want songs to be downloaded / cached by Spotify.. then I turned it off and on again and everything is working fine now! 🙂

tysm!! been having this problem for so long, and this solved it!

Had the same problem. Tried all troubleshooting.

The problem only happened when I plugged my HDMI in. Blew out the HDMI port - problem solved. Stoked.

Right Click on sound icon at the right bottom of windows taskbar select playback devices select speaker and go properties there select the tab enhancements and disable all enhancements 

xd.png

hi im having troubles with spotify it saus that the song is not availble if you have it on your compputer you can download it i have tried everything

This is the solution!!! Awesome, stupid iTunes.

Happens all the time and I have to RESTART my PC, and fails either on the web player and the desktop version.

I had the same problem. Turns out my computer needed to update and restart. I closed Spotify and reopened it several times, even unplugged my speakers. Once I let my computer update and restart it started working without a problem. Hope this works for someone else

In my case this has to do with my bluetooth speakers. All I have to do is tell my PC to output audio from regular built in speakers and then try to switch to BT ones again.

that dosent work

Suggested posts