Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This track is not available." for every single song on spotify.

Solved!

"This track is not available." for every single song on spotify.

I logged on to spotify for Windows today, and for every single track I try to play, it skips to the next available song and puts a message at the top that says "This track is not available. If you have it on your computer you can import it." 
Things I have tried (to no avail):
-Restart Computer
-Close/Reopen Spotify

-End Spotify Processes, then reopen

Anybody know what's going on?

75 Replies

I had a similar issue, documenting my solution here for other people who ended up here via Google, even though it's not quite the same issue:

I was getting this message for a lot of songs when I played from my local machine, but not when played on a remote device. These were tracks I *used* to have as local MP3 files, but I lost them due to a HDD crash. Even though I'd turned off that setting in the "Local Files" preferences, I guess Spotify was still trying to access them, and getting an error because they weren't there.

The fix was to delete the %APPDATA\Spotify\Users\[spotify username]-user\local-files.bnk file, and restart spotify (That'd be ~/.config/spotify/Users/[spotify username]-user/local-files.bnk on Linux)

Marked as solution

There's some sort of problem with the Spotify Desktop App not properly recognizing the sound outputs assigned by default in Win 10.

In my particular case I have an external sound interface (external sound card) connected through an usb port.

I had to specify the interface outputs the system would use in the Configuration Sound Options.

App started working ok when I unplugged the external sound card and the system used the internal sound card instead, there's when I noticed what kind of problem we were dealing with. It all started with the mandatory update for the app at start up, so users have no way to prevent this annoying issue.

Cfg Sound Options Win10.JPG

Thank you! That took care of it for me.

Here's something else to check IF you are using a networked/shared drive on a Mac:

Apple oddly disconnects networked drives for reasons only they understand (if even they do!). And so while I had added my networked drive as another source for music in Spotify, I got this same weird/inapplicable error message when my Mac had disconnected the netowrked drive. The solution was simply to reconnect the drive from Finder; now Spotify plays all songs on the shared drive.

Don't exactly know what happened, but I tried a bunch of things to fix this problem and nothing worked and then I started listening to a song on Spotify on my phone and then went to the program on the PC and switched from listening on my phone to listening on the PC and the problem is fixed. Can't really explain it.

Was the monitor connected using HDMI? If so, the audio goes to the monitor too.

OK I had this same problem and it was driving me crazy. I have it working and this is what I did. I am running Windows 10. I have been using Spotify Premium for a couple of years no problems. I run the audio out via spidf optical cable to a receiver then to my speakers. I recently started using my guitar interface device with Ableton Live DAW to record audio tracks. I use monitor speakers connected to my guitar interface (Focusrite Solo) to output the sound from Ableton Live. When I opened Spotify while I was using Ableton Live and the monitor speakers, I got that message so could not play anything. 

So I turned off my PC, unplugged the guitar interface USB cable, rebooted and Spotify worked. I then rebooted again, plugged in my guitar interface, recorded some audio, closed Ableton Live and unplugged the guitar interface and launched Spotify. It worked.

So it seems I can't have my recording software / hardware running at the same time as Spotify. Not a problem for me since I don't need them both running at the same time but what a strange bug in Spotify. If it gets confused about the audio output device or channel it won't let you play the songs. Hope this helps someone!

This's worked just fine for me .. thanks!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Your post solved the problem immediately. Life is good again.

FIXED: there was a power outaged that caused my uadio source to change to my second monitor (Which has no speeeakers). Right click on the speaker in the bottom right corner and select playback devices. Select the source you want and then set it as default.

@mishagale wrote:

I had a similar issue, documenting my solution here for other people who ended up here via Google, even though it's not quite the same issue:

I was getting this message for a lot of songs when I played from my local machine, but not when played on a remote device. These were tracks I *used* to have as local MP3 files, but I lost them due to a HDD crash. Even though I'd turned off that setting in the "Local Files" preferences, I guess Spotify was still trying to access them, and getting an error because they weren't there.

The fix was to delete the %APPDATA\Spotify\Users\[spotify username]-user\local-files.bnk file, and restart spotify (That'd be ~/.config/spotify/Users/[spotify username]-user/local-files.bnk on Linux)

This was the only thing that worked for me, thanks!

I had this problem several times already and I tried everything.

But the only thing that worked was when I had the idea to use my phone as a remote for my laptop.

And then I saw that the songs which were being shown as unavailable were the exact same ones that I had marked as "don't play'' on my app playlist. Once I removed that, the playlist played all the tracks normally on my computer. 

So there's another solution. It didn't even cross my mind before I saw that they were the same ones. 

this fix works

I just logged out and logged back in and my songs started to play

I've been a premium member for a few days. A half-hour ago I was playing songs on the Mac app with no problem, and then used a phone for a few minutes, and then back to the Mac to find that not a single song will play. It seems to have something to do with the handoff. I selected iMac as the device using the phone, but it still won't play. I won't be premium for long with this problem.

Reinstalling the app has solved the problem for now. I also removed the three preferences files and the folder from Application Support before reinstalling. Doing that is important.

Suggested posts