Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This track is not available." for every single song on spotify.

Solved!

"This track is not available." for every single song on spotify.

I logged on to spotify for Windows today, and for every single track I try to play, it skips to the next available song and puts a message at the top that says "This track is not available. If you have it on your computer you can import it." 
Things I have tried (to no avail):
-Restart Computer
-Close/Reopen Spotify

-End Spotify Processes, then reopen

Anybody know what's going on?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Alright I have solved my issue so hopefully this will help.

I stumbled upon this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Spotify-Skipping-every-song-not-play...

I disabled my monitor speakers to connect my bluetooth headphones and my headphones were not paired so there was no audio component to output to. From what I can gather this is because Spotify's desktop application has some programming logic dependent on the having an active component to output to. For example why ads will pause when you lower your volume... that is of course you are not a premium user.

tl:dr Spotify needs to output to something, my computer wasnt connected to any audio output device, connected headphones, worked

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This is like the third time this happens to me, not including other hurdles i've had... I wish I had written down the different bugs I've had, because people should not have to do anything slightly complex for this "app" to work. My parents would be f***ed with this kind of issue. Luckily, they don't update... I could go on a longer rant about this... but I'll just finish off by saying, I cancelled my subscription and swichted to another service. 

Marked as solution

I went into Edit > Preferences > Local Files section

And switched off everything but 'Downloads'. All of a sudden all my music could magically play again.

Kudos to Jake. http://www.jakelitwicki.com/2016/05/26/spotify-song-not-available-file-computer-can-import/

Marked as solution

There's some sort of problem with the Spotify Desktop App not properly recognizing the sound outputs assigned by default in Win 10.

In my particular case I have an external sound interface (external sound card) connected through an usb port.

I had to specify the interface outputs the system would use in the Configuration Sound Options.

App started working ok when I unplugged the external sound card and the system used the internal sound card instead, there's when I noticed what kind of problem we were dealing with. It all started with the mandatory update for the app at start up, so users have no way to prevent this annoying issue.

Cfg Sound Options Win10.JPG
75 Replies

Try to reinstall Spotify.

Didn't work 😞

Maybe your sound card drivers? Try to update them.

Just started having this issue. Every. Single. Track.

Other things that I have tried and havent worked:

• Enabling/Disabling Hardware Acceleration
  • Downgrading to an older spotify
  • Clearing Spotify Local Storage
  • System Restoring to a better time where this Desktop Application worked

Tried updating them as well. Still no luck. Gonna keep diving in
Marked as solution

Alright I have solved my issue so hopefully this will help.

I stumbled upon this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Spotify-Skipping-every-song-not-play...

I disabled my monitor speakers to connect my bluetooth headphones and my headphones were not paired so there was no audio component to output to. From what I can gather this is because Spotify's desktop application has some programming logic dependent on the having an active component to output to. For example why ads will pause when you lower your volume... that is of course you are not a premium user.

tl:dr Spotify needs to output to something, my computer wasnt connected to any audio output device, connected headphones, worked

Hello!
Thank you for your answer, I didn't know this would work too 😉
Have a great day! Kudos would be appreciated 😉

THANK YOU!!!!

I had tried deleting cache folders as well as the other methods you tried. What bad programming logic. I had a monitor plugged in to my laptop... both have audio output... but unplugging my HDMI into my monitor worked like a charm. THANK YOU!!!!

Holy hell!! I was roaming around interwebs and trying all kinds of funky things to solve this problem.

New sound card drivers, reboots, change sound cards and what not... after all that just disconnecting my MONITOR fixed the problem.

WTF?

-Cheers

Ok, first: thank you for posting this, unplugging my monitors / detaching the laptop from the docking station worked for me as well.

But is there a more practical solution?

I need those monitors. ^^'

My plugged in headphones are the default sound output device.

Just plug them back in? And when this problem occures next just remember to disconnect and reconnect...

Well actual fix from spotify would be appriciated, but luckily this is "solved",

Hope this helps.

- Cheers

Thank you!

As long as I start Spotify unplugged (no internet connection necessary) and plug it back in, it will work till the next restart.

I'm using my laptop's built-in speakers, fixed it by disabling and re-enabling them. Hope this helps!

Nothing works. Spotify doesn't download anything, just plays my saved songs. 😞

Thank you so much for referring me to this! It helped end my search for finding a solution to not being able to listen to music.

Much Love,

Mx

I have premium and after reading this all I had to do was unplug my headphones, then plug them back in...BOOM. 

Restarting the Windows Audio task fixed it for me.

Excellent information. Thank you. It seems you can trick it as well by playing spotify prior to connecting it to a device with its own output device. EX: I use a dock at work to connect it to my two monitors. I start spotify off the dock then place it on the dock and spotify continues to work.

Experienced the same thing today.

The default audio device is my surround receiver connected to HDMI ("TX-NR646 display audio" in device manager). Spotify could simply not use the Windows default audio device and therefore had nothing to output sound to. (Windows itself could play sounds just fine)

It didn't matter what I unplugged and plugged in again. I tried all tips and tricks I could find, but no go.

Then I uninstalled every single audio device and their drivers and restarted the computer. After it had installed all drivers again, everything worked! 😄

Suggested posts