Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This track is not available." for every single song on spotify.

Solved!

"This track is not available." for every single song on spotify.

I logged on to spotify for Windows today, and for every single track I try to play, it skips to the next available song and puts a message at the top that says "This track is not available. If you have it on your computer you can import it." 
Things I have tried (to no avail):
-Restart Computer
-Close/Reopen Spotify

-End Spotify Processes, then reopen

Anybody know what's going on?

75 Replies

Happening to me right now. What is the point of listing songs if I cannot play them. No idea how people can put up with this program.

if you have a phone connected try unplugging it. That was my problem

Marked as solution

This is like the third time this happens to me, not including other hurdles i've had... I wish I had written down the different bugs I've had, because people should not have to do anything slightly complex for this "app" to work. My parents would be f***ed with this kind of issue. Luckily, they don't update... I could go on a longer rant about this... but I'll just finish off by saying, I cancelled my subscription and swichted to another service. 

I guess your parents would be ok.
But I will tell you what is really **bleep**ed - Spotify developers not fixing this problem for more than a year. What the **bleep** is "This track is not available." when the real problem is "no outpud device to play to" ??? I mean, English is my third language, but I still understand, that this message is highly misleading at best. And they marked this problem as solved!

None of these fixes are working for me. It's not my computer, Pandora and Youtube play fine for me, it's just Spotify's programing.  SO gosh darn annoying. 

Everyone having this issue do yourselves a favor and just bookmark the Spotify web player in your browser. http://play.spotify.com/

Não consegui resolver o problema. é uma pena o o app era muito bom. mas com esses erros vou procurar outro serviço.

1yo bug and still no solution? The economical problems of Spotify must be paying off with the dev and testing team XD

Well, anyway, one more buggy windows app for me as well, I tried everything, nothing works. I cleaned the registry of any trace of spotify and reinstalled, I tried older versions, I've updated every single driver in my computer, I've tried to change the audio output device, I've tried to uninstall in safe mode...

The laptop in which I'm having troubles is the one at work, we connect through a VPN so sometimes my IP might be in US or UK but phisically I'm in Poland. I have a Spotify Premium Family with 4 accounts. Using Windows 7, laptop is Dell Latitude E6540.
Thank god that it keeps workin on the web version and on android, if not I'd changed already.

Please Spotify, just raise your premium account prices so you can finally afford to give a proper service.

This is complete BS. I have had to uninstall, reinstall, find older version, unplug, replug yadda yadda... None of which I should have to do for something I PAY to use. 

Let alone, how does it loose the output device when trying to change songs? I was listening and all good, and then wanted to hear a different song, now nothing plays!!

And yes, I have done nearly all of the "solutions" here and none have fixed it. 

Just happened to me, seems to have happened after a windows update. My PC has a tv for the monitor so can't really disconnect it.

Just disconnect it, let it be for a few seconds and then connect it again.

Didn't work, i disconnected the sound system also.

Windows 8 64bit

Spotify Premium

Tried every fix mentioned, 

Logging off and on, reinstalling, cache clearing, unplugging monitor for a few minutes.etc etc

Worked fine till last night, since today nothing plays.

But did you try uninstalling your sound device drivers completely, and then restart system before installing again?

I just did that cuz I figured I'd try the drivers, but still same issue. 

Tried everything. Still having this issue.

this solution didn't work for me.

Disabling my headphones and re-enabling worked. thank you.

this worked for me

Marked as solution

I went into Edit > Preferences > Local Files section

And switched off everything but 'Downloads'. All of a sudden all my music could magically play again.

Kudos to Jake. http://www.jakelitwicki.com/2016/05/26/spotify-song-not-available-file-computer-can-import/

Suggested posts