Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"What's new" on Spotify for PC

"What's new" on Spotify for PC

Recently Spotify added my favorite feature of all time on spotify for android and iphone(?). The "What's new" section, where you can see daily releases of your favorite artists. However, I frequently use Spotify on Windows as well and I can not find the same feature on the Windows application. WHY??

Right now I check the 'What's new" section on my phone to play the latest released songs and then select my pc as audio source. Seem like unnecessary steps to me.

42 Replies

That would be awesome since the "new releases" section doesn't work for the last 8 months...

+1. Same problem! But where is the solution?

I have same problem on desktop app.

+1!

I was also wondering this. I find that when we 'follow' artists, the only way we know when they have new music is via email that Spotify sends out. I find this feature very annoying, if those updates are part of the Mobile's What's New, then I feel like desktop should have the same thing.

I currently subscribe to both Release Radar and Discover Weekly, but I'm assuming that while those have 'new' music, it's not the same as What's new, which, I'm assuming, has new music from people I follow.

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the delayed reply, we just stumbled upon this thread.

It seems that other users feel the same way you do and posted this idea requesting this feature on the desktop app. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. Make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

How is this simple and incredibly basic feature still not added to the desktop app? Here is yet another example of people asking for this over the years and all we get it told in return is to "submit your idea and we're happy to consider it." It should not need enough "kudos" or whatever. Every podcast app has a feature to see an updated list of episodes from podcasts you follow or are subscribed to. The phone app has the "what's new" feature and there is absolutely no reason this isn't on the desktop app. People have begging for this for years and it would take no time to add. The fact I can't click somewhere on the desktop app to see a list of episodes from EVERY podcast I follow is crazy at this point. 

Spoiler
My case is worst, I have my spotify on my phone as well as on my pc, but unfortunately what's new feature is not working on my phone (yes I already tried reinstall and update the app) and I looked for that feature on my pc version of spotify, all I can get is huge disappointment and despair... Can't really believe this is considered as one of the best streaming platform available worldwide... 

Hey @Duo_Sawayama,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share with us what is the current version of the mobile Spotify app that you're having and what do you exactly mean by that the "What's New" feature is not working?  Is it not showing at all for you, or there is something else with it that behaves unexpected on your mobile device. To get a better picture at the situation, a screenshot or a short screen recording would be really helpful for us. You can send us a link to a video or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We understand that you've already tried to reinstall the app and that's a great first approach! However, it might be a good idea to repeat this process, but this time to follow the steps given here.  This install is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no previously cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app.  Let us know if this makes any difference for you.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Bring this feature immediately!!

One of many ways Spotify desktop app differs from mobile…inexcusably poor UX design. Why isn’t this very basic feature—that ALL users benefit from—on Spotify desktop?

Why is this still not on the desktop app this is absolutely crazy.

Spotify,

I am pretty sure I am not tripping and you actually had this feature in recent months for PC users. Possibly in February, March, or April. What happened? Where is it? Have you removed it from the PC version? Is it going back anytime soon? I can't find it.

Why is this still not on the desktop app? this is absolutely crazy.

This feature is a must for people who like listening to newly released podcasts.

It is absolutely mind-boggling how this feature isn't in the desktop version yet. 

We're taking about the "What's new" feature on the Spotify desktop app. Is Spotify going to ever release and close this gap? 

You basicaly removed the "new releases" section and you still didn't add this feature onto the desktop app. All the other platforms perform this better. I get notified from Apple Music when someone releases a new album... Spotify just sleeps...

still waiting

13 months

Suggested posts