Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I have noticed that since I upgraded to Win 11 the repeat and shuffle buttons are greyed out. Since they are "active" its no big deal for the moment. I almost always play with repeat and shuffle on. However, there are times when I like to turn them off and now that option is no longer available. 
If anyone have a bright idea what can be done about it and feel like sharing it I would appreciate it. 

I did notice that Spotify updated itself about the time I started it up after the upgrade so perhaps its a bug? If nothing else I´ll just wait for it to solve it self. It usually do after a few more updates from spotify. 

3 Replies

Hey @ConnyLindquist,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Keep in mind that as with all new operating systems, some unexpected behavior can occur in the early months of the OSs life-cycle, until developers work out the kinks.

That being said, could you let us know if the issue persists after running a clean reinstall on your device? This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. 

Keep us posted. The Community is here for you if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Turned out to be corrupt system files and not Spotify that was at fault. The moment the repairs were done (sfc /scannow and dism commands) it started working again.

I never did a clean reinstall. 

Hey @ConnyLindquist,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts