Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

rolling stones not playing

Solved!

rolling stones not playing

hi, i haven't posted here before so i hope i'm not asking this in the wrong place, but for some reason nothing by the rolling stones seems to be playing for me. it just says "this track is not available" for all of them. i live in new york, in the united states, so i'm assuming that that stuff ought to be available. i haven't seen anyone else mentioning this problem, so is there anything anyone could suggest? thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

hi, update, the problem seems to have inexplicably fixed itself. thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi thebanjohype, 

Is there a possibility that you have reverted to a free subscription model for Spotify? This would only allow you to shuffle an artist and disable you from listening to individual songs. 

Secondly, are you check on a Spotify iOS or Android app that you're experiencing the same problem? 

Thirdly, you can try accessing the Rolling Stones' artist page here: https://open.spotify.com/artist/22bE4uQ6baNwSHPVcDxLCe

Cheers

Jarred

i suppose it's possible, although i'm not sure how i did that, it certainly wasn't on purpose. is it possible to change that? i only have a desktop so i'm not really able to check about the iOS or the app unfortunately. the music does play on the artist page but not the regular player, does that seem normal? thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Seems like a very isolated issue on the desktop app. You might be able to uninstall the desktop app and try installing it again. 

Can you try that? 

i just uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't seem to fix the problem unfortunately. i'm sorry about this.

Marked as solution

hi, update, the problem seems to have inexplicably fixed itself. thank you for your help.

Having same issue... Multiple tracks wont play.

Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0yDcxj7iQYlwcliklMDH9b?si=jS3SQd6QTS2t-WgMWHuGxg

Most of the above tracks will not play including Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones.

Desktop app, fresh install form Spotify site. Win10

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

@Thebanjohype, we're happy that the issue has been resolved for you 🙂

@xSMP we can suggest to log out and then to log back in, in the app twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between the app and your account and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues. See if this will shake things up and make the content playable for you. 

Hope this does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My family has a premium plan, everyone in my family can listen to the The Rolling Stones... I can't.  I have tried everything in this thread, twice. Please help!

Hi there @Craig25,

Thanks for the post.

Make sure you have Explicit Content switched on from your app settings. (Note that this might be blocked by your Family plan manager).

Next thing you should do - go to your Mobile app and open up the profile of The Rolling Stones, click the 3-dot menu and make sure they're not blocked. If they're blocked, you won't be able to listen to any of their music.

Hope this help.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts