Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Desktop (windows) and Android phone

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android

My Question or Issue

Is it possible to search by both (production)year and liked songs? I want to add music I already liked to a playlist by production years (for example 60's or 70's music). If I could filter, search or sort by year of the album I could create the playlists a lot faster. Now I have to search the album of the song ik like to view in what year it is produced to put it in the right playlist (which is a lot of work with 500 song i liked...). 

Things I've already tried:

- I already know it is possible to search by Year but than it is not possible to sort the list to songs I like. 

- It is not possible to search by year in the songs I like. 

- It is possible to use sort and filter options in the songs I like but I can't sort them by album year or filter at a specific year of production. 

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @RvV,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Currently there isn't a way to sort search results by the release year, however we're always open to new ideas 🙂 The best way to get yours noticed and considered is if you create an idea for it in the Community by going here - that way, other users will also be able to vote for it.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what improvements our users would like to see and how many people support a specific idea. You can learn more about it here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @RvV,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Currently there isn't a way to sort search results by the release year, however we're always open to new ideas 🙂 The best way to get yours noticed and considered is if you create an idea for it in the Community by going here - that way, other users will also be able to vote for it.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what improvements our users would like to see and how many people support a specific idea. You can learn more about it here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Accepting a “wait for the solution” shouldn’t be marked as “the question having a solution”. That way both Spotify and members are fooled to believe nothing needs to be done. 

I’d like to see a receipt that a voted for suggestion actually are being brought into developers backlog. 

The question in particular, users dislike the fact that Spotify’s remastering year is set as initial production year. If I’m looking for an album from 1972, I don’t want your remastering year being the only way to sort albums/songs. 

Suggested posts