Free

Country

Turkey

Device

PC

Operating System

WIN 7

My Question or Issue

i tried uninstalling my antivirus but it keeps on not opening or it just opens up a very small error box that sends something to microsoft

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

the issue seems to be with usernames that contain special characters, simply create a folder on C:\ that is outside the 'users' folder

EDIT do that with offline installer which can be found here- http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

There's a similar issue described on this thread which we're currently working on. If you're still having trouble, go there, check the status update and add a +Vote to get updates. 

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @saladegg

That's odd!

If you have previously installed Spotify on your computer, go to Control Panel and uninstall Spotify, do a restart and then try installing Spotify.

You can also try using the offline installer which you can fetch right here.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

In fact I have the same problem.

Spotify didn't work properly so I uninstalled it.

After downloading the .exe, I tried to install it. It either don't open or download the program but stop here. 

I tried using CCleaner, but it doesn't work either.

Please help.

Hey @atpase

Is the full installer not working for you either?

I'd also recommend making sure that the firewall doesn't block Spotify. You can also try running the installer as administrator.

If nothing works, let me know what Windows you're on and if your network is possibly restricted (like corporate/work internet). 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i did both  but mine didnt work i use windows 7

Hello,

I also tried both ways.

Other setup works fine.

I'm on Windows 10 on a personal network.

Marked as solution

the issue seems to be with usernames that contain special characters, simply create a folder on C:\ that is outside the 'users' folder

EDIT do that with offline installer which can be found here- http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

I didn't create a folder in C but spotify opened after downloading this setup.

Thank you, you saved Christmas 😉

now it opened up the installer and it apperantly downloaded but i cant find it anywhere

oh wait it worked when i tried the second time thank you

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

There's a similar issue described on this thread which we're currently working on. If you're still having trouble, go there, check the status update and add a +Vote to get updates. 

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

Suggested posts