Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So for a while now my spotify have been acting extremely odd... (this happens multiple times a day) i always have my spotify running on my pc so i can listen to music while gaming and when i am in the middle of playing a game sometimes it just randomly starts rapidly swapping between songs like 2 times per second and i can't pause it or change back to a song i want to listen to... if i completely shut down spotify and then start it again it will keep acting like that until i restart the entire computer! really annoying when you are in the middle of a match, then also sometimes when i have had my spotify paused for a while it just randomly picks a song and starts playing it even tho i haven't even touched the spotify app in like an hour or so and most of the times it's a random song that i've never even heard of before! starting to get really frustrating now since it's been going on for a while and i just can't find any solutions online, even seen people posting about it since like 2012 and still nobody has made a video or post on how to fix it... PLEASE HELP!

9 Replies

Peter

Hey @Laxen99.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out.

This sounds very much like an account takeover. We suggest you get in touch with our Customer Support team here, who will help secure your account to prevent this from happening to you again.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Laxen99

i tried doing that but the biggest problem is that no matter what computer or what keyboard i use, when i use the built in music buttons on the keyboard it always for some reason starts going wild and rapidly changes songs over and over again! 

Peter

Hey @Laxen99.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to confirm, is this only happening when you are gaming and/or when you are skipping songs using the media controls?

If it's the former, could you let us know if this is also happening when you are in another application with the Spotify app minimised? This will help us narrow down the issue.

If it's the latter (or indeed both), then would you mind sending us a screen recording to illustrate how the app behaves when you're using the media keys on your keyboard?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Laxen99

it happens when gaming or using the keyboard controls, i have noticed also that is sometimes happens when using headphones with spotify on phones, video file was to big so uploaded it here instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlK_7DjZ2hk&feature=youtu.be

Peter

Hey @Laxen99.

Thanks for sending us that screen recording - it was really helpful!

Just to confirm, are you pressing a specific media button on your keyboard, or does it not matter which one you press? Also, do you just press the media button once in order for the issue to occur, or are you holding it down?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to get a clearer picture of the issue you're experiencing.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Laxen99

not only with my keyboard, it's on every keyboard and computer i use my account on, but it's only when using the media keys as i said before. 90% of the time i just have to press it one time for the bug to appear, but some few times it happens after pressing a few times to skip some songs

Peter

Hey @Laxen99.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Would you mind trying out another account to see if the issue occurs on that one too?

Let us know how it goes!

Laxen99

tried my sisters account, nothing happened with that one

Peter

Hey @Laxen99.

Thanks to getting back to us on that.

It seems like there's an issue which is specific to your account.

We suggest you reach out to our Customer Support team here, who will help you create a new account, transfer all your saved music and playlists to it, and then close the old one. With your new account, you shouldn't have this issue anymore.

Hope that helps! Do let us know how you get on - we'll be right here if you need any further help.

Suggested posts