Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't get desktop app to sync up with the web player. Each one will have different songs queued up and can play simultaneously. I prefer the desktop app but it doesn't get recognized by last.fm.

17 Replies

Hey @theshadowplay, welcome to the Community!

That sounds like you're having two different accounts there.

Are you sure you're logged into the same account on both web player and desktop? 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's not it. I've signed out everywhere, and I've signed back in using my facebook and it doesn't sync. I've signed out everywhere and used my email/password and they don't sync. I've reset the password and it still won't sync.

Thanks for the reply though

@theshadowplay 

That sounds odd!

Have you connected last.fm with your Spotify account at last.fm settings?

That should definitely scrobble from the desktop client too, as it's connected to your account and not just one client.

🙂

SebastySpotify Star

There's still the disconnect from the Spotify Web Player and the Spotify App. I like the app better but Last FM doesn't recognize it for some reason. (I've connected per your advice)
I've come to a compromise where I use the web player, but I add full albums to my queue via my connected phone app, but I am not happy.

@theshadowplay 

Thank you for confirming 🙂

Please try reinstalling your Spotify desktop client, follow this article on how to do so.

Are you using the Windows Store client or a standalone install?

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

It's still not connected. I wonder if the disconnect comes from my company's firewall. I can install the app directly from Spotify but I am blocked from installing it from the Windows Store. BUt even after uninstalling the desktop app and reinstalling it, it is still disconnected from the main Spotify website and Last FM.

@theshadowplay 

It could be that the company firewall disables Spotify Connect in some way. Not sure why it wouldn't do that with the web player though. Is the web player and desktop client open at the same computer?

If your computer is a laptop, you could try creating a hotspot with mobile and connect your laptop to it. This way you can find out if that is indeed a network issue.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Yes, the Web Player and the Desktop client are on the same computer.
I don't think I can do the hotspot trick as the laptop I'm using is the work laptop and connects to the internet via a VPN.
I think I'll try my personal laptop at home and see what happens.
Thanks for your advice.

1. Hi, strangely I experienced a similar (same) issue. The Windows client (not offline) was playing a different track than the web player, from same computer. Web player was syncing/playing same as Android app. Reinstalled windows client but same result.

Anyone found a resolution?

Update: Same computer and setup but different network and now it works as expected. When it didn't work I was on the company network and now when it is working I'm on my home network. Could it be a firewall issue? Also noticed when it did't work the Devices Available was showing a blue dot (on the windows client) but as soon as I clicked that button, it flickered and reverted to the default Learn More.

Work firewall might be the issue. I never figured it out. I just use the web player at work and leave the desktop app alone.

Guess so. Company is running ZScaler at work network, it sucks the life out of you.

Yes. My company just launched ZScaler and spotify connect immediately stopped working.

Yes ZScaler breaks Spotify Connect even when your all devices are on same network, when I disable ZScaler, then Spotify Connect works OK.

Any way to bypass Zscaler? I do have the cert pem for SSL Zscaler routes, but don't know how to use with spotify 😞

that happened to me and im logged into the same accounts. I dont know whats happening. My spotify app is not working but my web browser is fine. pls help

Hi there folks,

We can confirm that Spotify don't officially support VPN which probably causing this behavior if you're using it.

@svbmn4ccz0bzntyjgel,- can you start with performing a clean reinstall of the app as this will make sure there's no old cache files causing this. If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know more specifically what's not working within the desktop app?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts