Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback isn't paused when answering calls [Android]

Solved!

Playback isn't paused when answering calls [Android]

Hi,
from a couple of days spotify won't stop playing music when an incoming call arrives.
So I hear both call and music that is very annoying
I have to close the application manually.
Anyone have the same problem and have an idea how to fix it ?
Thank you so much

164 Replies

I just tried direct on the phone and don't have the issue but I do have it when connected to the car so it must be related to the Bluetooth.

I have the phone issue on or off bluetooth.

Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.0

Latest Spotify

An update to my earlier post I have received a reply from Spotify saying the developers are currently looking at the issue.

For me it was Bluetooth.   

Still working perfectly for me since latest update .

False alarm ! , problem has come back today .

I have the same issue when car bluetooth is on.

OnePlus Two, Andorid 5.1.1, Oxygen Os 2.2.0

Spotify 4.4.0.1008

as mentioned above has nothing to do with the bluetooth so does the hands-free phone

I have this problem with my bluetooth,  I tested with my podcast player - beyond pod - works fine audio pauses as expected and resumes when call is completed. With spotify it mutes the sound on incoming call and then the music plays during the call - very irritiating and definitely a spotify issue

I should say I have a z3 running Sonys Concept Marshmallow (version 6)

Hello!

I'm experiencing the same issue as most of you.

1. Spotify app doesn't stop playback when I (receive / make) (incoming / outgoing) call when connected via bluetooth.

2. Spotify app doesn't stop playback when I disconnect from bluetooth, for example when I stop my car. It keeps playing on phone speaker.

3. Quite often music titles are not shown on car's display, it starts showing those when I open app on my phone.

Additional info, goes to all three points:

Sometimes it happens when I have open spotify app. Most often it happens (spotify is the default music playback app on my phone) when I just get into my car, phone connects to car's radio and starts playback where I left of, for example on my PC, spotify is working, but on phones lockscreen there is no music widget and there is no spotify in recent apps.

I use:

LG Nexus 5 running stock android 6.0.1 (MMB29K)

Spotify app: 4.4.0.1008

I had the issue as well, but uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, and turned on the setting to broadcast what I'm listening to (which I understand is for Bluetooth primarily). So far, so good, but I'll update if/when the issue comes back.

Same issue on nexus 6p, and that's just BS service. My boss called me while music playing on the background, this kinda of issue should be resolved imeediatly WTF are the developers doing!!
I am done, switching over to either apple music or Google play music

Issue came back. Stupid. Google Play Music it is.

Just wanting to say, I also have this issue !!!!

Disabling all system players seems to of helped, pending testing after activation of music on bluetooth connect event. This behaivour is only recently apparent, something has changed spotify's end.

Settings : Apps (swipe right to All), I have disabled

Google Play Music

Music (this I believe was still interfering with spotify, after expecting it to be google music player, )

I also have disabled

Discover (stupid vodafone crap)

Hangouts

Music FX (this is for changing bass etc etc, personally I dont use it, Don't remove if your using default audio player)

News & Weather

Socialife

Talkback

Xperia Chinese Keyboard

Xperia Pass Lounge

You won't necersarilly need to remove all of this just wanted to show what i have personally removed so far

Sony Expria Z

When paying a sub, i would expect some form of support to be in place when the product doesnt work.

Hi also have this problem.  I have tried reinstalling spottify and upgrading to the latest version of andriod.

I'm running a nexus 5.

There is a related issue where it also dosn't stop playing when I pull the headphones out.  Right after the latest andriod upgrade, it worked again, but by the afternoon it was broken.  

Is there any solution to this?

Spotify's behavior when connected via bluetooth overall seems to be broken when running in Android Marshmallow. In addition to the pause/play issues during calls, audio ducking isn't working properly either:

• Spotify pauses ok when an outgoing call is made via bluetooth headset/media device, but doesn't resume when call ends.
  • Spotify continues to play through bluetooth headset over call audio during incoming calls.
  • Spotify doesn't duck under Maps/Navigation prompts while playing over bluetooth car audio.

Following the general Android troubleshooting steps given here does not solve any of these issues.

Issues observed on Nexus 5, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, running 6.0 and 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

Same exact issue after upgrading to marshmallow

Nexus 5
Cyanogenmod 13 (Android 6.0)

Update: After another DM to Spotify on Twitter they have asked for more information including a link to this forum discussion so hopefully they will start to take note and get this fixed.

Similar issues here: Spotify tends to continue playback when a call is answered.

HTC One (M7), 5.0.1
Sony Xperia Z5, 5.1.1

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out to us with all your feedback, we really appreciate it.

This should be fixed in the new app's version for Android (4.5.0), which is rolling out soon.

Let us know if you still experience the same issues with the updated version by adding your comments to this post.

Cheers 🙂

Suggested posts