Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.1

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.1

What's new in this version:

• New: Look, there are images and artist biographies in the artist view.
  • Fixed: No more pesky crashes when you skip in radio.
  • Fictitious: This app is reverse-engineered using alien technology.

Update 2013-03-22:

It looks like scrobbling to last.fm might not be working for everyone and we're looking into this. Stay tuned!

Community Ergo Sum

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I wonder about the priority setting for S/W issues to be addressed by Spotify. What is more important than sound quality for streaming? So why the Equalizer is not reactivated again? Please do the favour to your customers and give a valid statement about motivation to delete this decisive feature and by when it will be implemented/accessable again. Peter

View solution in original post

77 Replies

Update is nice, but pointless.

The artist image looks bad on the iPhone because it's cropped to show the very top of photo.

For Skrillex you see a little tiny bit of his hand in the air and for Bruno Mars you only see his hair and eyes.

The iPad doesn't even show a bigger image like the iPhone does. It shows a little square icon.

The fictious release note line is stupid and needs to go! Stop wasting time coming up with a punch line.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

your update has stopped the app from streaming music to Sync in my Ford. Now I cant listen to Spotify in my car!

The update has also broke last.fm scrobbling. This updates a real mess and it broke so many key features.

I really don't understand why the artist image is down so low. Move it up a bit so the bottom isn't covered up by the thumbsup/down area.

Thank you for your feedback; I've forwarded it.

Community Ergo Sum

It looks like scrobbling to last.fm might not be working for everyone and we're looking into this. Stay tuned!

Community Ergo Sum
Marked as solution

I wonder about the priority setting for S/W issues to be addressed by Spotify. What is more important than sound quality for streaming? So why the Equalizer is not reactivated again? Please do the favour to your customers and give a valid statement about motivation to delete this decisive feature and by when it will be implemented/accessable again. Peter

I still cannot see any metadata on my radio while streaming via bluetooth.  The radio is AVCRP 1.4 compliant which should allow metadata (artist, album, album art, etc.) to show on the radio screen.  This does not happen.  All other music apps that I have work perfectly fine via bluetooth.  It is only Spotify that is not showing the metadata.

Could you forward this to your team?  I've been a paying customer since the beginning but this has got me questioning my subscription going forward.

I have an iPhone 5 with the iOS 6.1 and the latest Spotify app.

I agree, wounder how long before we get a answer?. I have a premium account until the end of april. Then I don't know what to do. There are a few good streaming service to choose from. If an eq would be implemented it would be a huge favor for sound quality.

Scrobbling to last.fm not working (Spotify for iOS 0.6.1)  😞

I look forward to the last.fm scrobbling issue getting fixed, it made me consider not renewing premium while it's been broken. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining...

Oh my lord Jesus in heaven how could you break last.fm lord help me please fix it

BMW iDrive is no longer working. I get sound but no artist/song info anymore (connected via usb) 😞

Also, playlist editing is a mess. When you delete tracks, and have to press the two buttons, it does this weird glitch almost every other time. Can you even change the track order in the new version?

One more thing: add a feature to select multiple tracks on a playlist or an album.

For those who are having problems with scrobbling, we know other services like Deezer and Rdio even scrobble tracks listened when you were OFFLINE, so, please GIVE KUDOS FOR THIS IDEA: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Scrobble-tracks-played-offline-to-Spotify-history-and-...

We spotify customers deserve it!

Pardon my bluntness, but no Last.fm scrobbler?

I understand there were a few bugs you guys felt you needed to work out, but on behalf of the entire Spotify community.

What. The. Hell.

In your desire to correct a few bugs, you have systematically destroyed many of the main features of the Iphone app. Talk about talking two steps forward and three steps back.

Next time you make an update, please make sure it is a necessary update and also, make sure it doesn't screw up the integrity of the entire application. Try testing out your app before you screw up thousands of Iphones!

This is the last time I will be updating my Spotify app, and if the last.fm scrobbler isn't fixed soon, I will not be getting anymore Premium subscriptions.

Not improvement here: still not scrobbling from last.fm. This sucks. Can I reinstall an older version on my mobile devices??

I have heard about that there is the possibility to test the software. I have heard about that there are people out there who can do so. Why the is the Spotify management immune against all common software making procedures? And again: the most important thing in music is: sound. And w/o an equalizer Spotify sounds terrible using iPhone. You have had this feature - and you have deleted it. WHY ??? Give us your true reason. Along with that: pls pit the option in to normalize the music. You can get a hard attack listing to Spotify due to the huge differences between the songs.

Great. I know the last.fm problem is a huge deal for those fans but it seems that it will be the only thing fixed in the next update.

Can you please forward the Bluetooth metadata problem to your team as well?? The Spotify app will not send artist, song name, etc to a compatible Bluetooth radio. All my other music apps do this.

I know this isn't as important as the last.fm issue but it seems like this would be a very simple fix, it's only metadata!

Suggested posts