Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Spotify IOS app does not recognize premium account

I just signed up for the 30-day free trial premium account to see how it works on my iPhone. Unfortunately, the iphone app does not recognize my account as premium and does not allow me to do on-demand streaming. I am thinking of continuing my subscr...

• Casual Listener
  • I just signed up for the 30-day free trial premium account to see how it works on my iPhone.  Unfortunately, the iphone app does not recognize my account as premium and does not allow me to do o...
  • teytwo
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Queued 'Track Only Available Online' messages...

When i loose my 3G connection while playing online content, the app (IOS 5.1.1) gives me an alert saying: 'Track Only Available Online' This track is nog synced and not available offine. Connect to a network and try again. [ OK ] The problem is... Wh...

• When i loose my 3G connection while playing online content, the app (IOS 5.1.1) gives me an alert saying:   'Track Only Available Online' This track is nog synced and not ava...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

iPod Nano syncing

I synced my nano and it wiped device vice. I can see where my music is saved (in Storage), but can't get it back onto my IPod. Spotify loaded 3 free songs and that's all that I can get (it syncs, but doesn't load my music). My Itunes account is on an...

• I synced my nano and it wiped device vice. I can see where my music is saved (in Storage), but can't get it back onto my IPod. Spotify loaded 3 free songs and that's all that I can get (it syncs, but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not recognizing premium account on mobile

I have the iPhone and recently upgraded to a premium account, but when I try to play music on my mobile app it says I need a premium account. I tried logging in and out several times and even reinstalling the app. Help!

• I have the iPhone and recently upgraded to a premium account, but when I try to play music on my mobile app it says I need a premium account. I tried logging in and out several times and even reinsta...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5 battery/playing bug

I also have The iPhone 5 and spotify premium, and today i listend to music from 07 to 18 and have recharged 3-4 Times today, starting The day with 100% and i have also noticed that sometimes when i pause The music from My headset The play icon is sti...

• I also have The iPhone 5 and spotify premium, and today i listend to music from 07 to 18 and have recharged 3-4 Times today, starting The day with 100% and i have also noticed that sometimes when i p...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I save a radio station I create on iPhone?

Now Spotify does NOT take technical support questions at their premium email address for paying subscribers such as myself (at $120 per year), which sucks. They launch the radio on the mobile devices, but once I create my own station by typing in an ...

• Now Spotify does NOT take technical support questions at their premium email address for paying subscribers such as myself (at $120 per year), which sucks.   They launch the radio on the mob...
  • Ashton
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Songs available on desktop but not phone

Hello, I'm using the iPhone 4s with whatever the latest iOS and Spotify updates are (just updated sptofiy about twenty minutes ago). I seem to be unable to find some songs on Spotify Mobile that otherwise pop up in full on desktop. This has happened ...

• Hello, I'm using the iPhone 4s with whatever the latest iOS and Spotify updates are (just updated sptofiy about twenty minutes ago). I seem to be unable to find some songs on Spotify Mobile that othe...
  • bass_insane_ma
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod touch needs to be able to be alphabetized

Could there please be an update soon for the mobile app for the ipod so that you can organize your playlists and find what we are looking for faster. It's already on for computers, why not mobile too?!?

• Could there please be an update soon for the mobile app for the ipod so that you can organize your playlists and find what we are looking for faster. It's already on for computers, why not mobile too...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone Sync Incredibly slow

The sync rate for my iPhone is about 1 song every 1-2 minutes and has always been this way, whether connected to my laptop via usb or via Wifi. That rate is ridiculous. Are there any plans of improving performance? This has been an issue for months. ...

• The sync rate for my iPhone is about 1 song every 1-2 minutes and has always been this way, whether connected to my laptop via usb or via Wifi.  That rate is ridiculous.  Are there any plan...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 5 and Kia Rio

Hello.Just bought a brand new Kia Rio and i would like to be able to use the stereo to play my Spotify playlists/stared songs.As it is now, when i connect it with an original USB to Lightning cable it registers and plays just fine through the car ste...

• Regular
  • Hello. Just bought a brand new Kia Rio and i would like to be able to use the stereo to play my Spotify playlists/stared songs. As it is now, when i connect it with an original USB to Lightning...
  • Prankstar
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist subscription on my pc and Ipad

I am a premium user with spotify in my pc and ipad. Currently I have 7 playlist that i did subscribed from other people which they get a daily update of new tracks. I can see the update in my pc software very time but I do not see them in my ipad. wh...

• I am a premium user with spotify in my pc and ipad. Currently I have 7 playlist that i did subscribed from other people which they get a daily update of new tracks. I can see the update in my pc soft...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't want Spotify to recognize my Ipod anymore

I set Spotify up to sync with my iPod because i thought i could get all the songs from Spotify on my Ipod, that was before i knew it didnt work with my iPod now it keeps deleting all the songs i have on my iPod every time i plug it in to my computer....

• Roadie
  • I set Spotify up to sync with my iPod because i thought i could get all the songs from Spotify on my Ipod,  that was before i knew it didnt work with my iPod now it keeps deleting all the songs ...
  • jckinnick
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bad Sound from spotify on my iPhone

Yesterdsy mé and my friends turned on the stereo, so that we could play spotify from my iPhone to my Apple tv, but suddently the Sound were without bass and raddling? Help anyone?

• Yesterdsy mé and my friends turned on the stereo, so that we could play spotify from my iPhone to my Apple tv, but suddently the Sound were without bass and raddling? Help anyone?
  • Sammykins
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Premium user

I just started a (paid) premium account. I'm trying to listen to a playlist on my iphone but it says that it's only available to premium users only. Anyone have a solution for this?

• I just started a (paid) premium account. I'm trying to listen to a playlist on my iphone but it says that it's only available to premium users only. Anyone have a solution for this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium user can't stream music

I'm subscribed for the premium but when I go to the spotify app it won't let me play my playlist it keep saying only premium subscribers are allowed to do it and referring me to the radio I already called sprint and bokuh or however you spell it and ...

• I'm subscribed for the premium but when I go to the spotify app it won't let me play my playlist it keep saying only premium subscribers are allowed to do it and referring me to the radio I alrea...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the point ..... ?

So is this poor excuse for customer service the best that Spotify can offer? I feel very let down. I can't see the point in posting requests for help that the Spotify team seem to just ignore.

• Visitor
  • So is this poor excuse for customer service the best that Spotify can offer?   I feel very let down.  I can't see the point in posting requests for help that the Spotify team seem to ju...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

So what the Hell am I mean't to do now ?????

So I can't get an answer to my technical issue in the community. How do I contact Spotify to ask for help?

• Visitor
  • So I can't get an answer to my technical issue in the community.   How do I contact Spotify to ask for help?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Problem

I have Spotify premium subscription - every time i plug in my i pod it does not appear in the devices - I cannot sync - add files to my local library - spent last two days - no joy. I did have i tunes originally and every time i plugged in i pod to s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify premium subscription - every time i plug in my i pod it does not appear in the devices - I cannot sync - add files to my local library - spent last two days - no joy.   I did ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium user... Can't stream chosen tunes

Just signed up for premium trial. Every time I try to select a song, it refers me to radio only page

• Just signed up for premium trial. Every time I try to select a song, it refers me to radio only page
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I upgraded to a Premium account on the computer, but iPhone still says I'm not premium

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, logged in w/ FB again on my iPhone, still says I can't play songs ondemand as i'm not a premium user. I only upgraded to use this service on my phone. Please help asap.

• Visitor
  • I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, logged in w/ FB again on my iPhone, still says I can't play songs ondemand as i'm not a premium user. I only upgraded to use this service on my phone. Please he...
  • Woodrow
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes