Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question about offline playlists

Question about offline playlists

I just became a premium member of Spotify. From what I read, you can make offline playlists on 3 seperate devices. I made a playlist on my iphone. If my wife wants to make a playlist on her iphone, will she see my playlists as well? Is there a way to my playlist only available on my phone and my wifes playlist only available on her phone?

4 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

If this is on the same account; then the playlists will be the same on all devices. There is no way to change what appears on different devices on the same account. Sounds useful though! Feel free to submit it to the Ideas section if it's not already there. If it is, make sure to add Kudos and comment!

If this is on different accounts; she can search for your username on the computer by searching for spotify:user:yourusername and then follow you or subscribe to your playlists. Subscribing to playlists adds the playlist to her library and she can sync the songs to her device.

Bear in mind you can have a maximum of 3,333 synced songs per device.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi,

If you are both sharing the account, you will both be able to see the playlists.  However, you can choose which playlists you wish to sync onto your offline device. 

For example, you have playlists A, B, C, D, E, F.  When both ot you are online, you will both be able to see those playlists.  If you decide to have playlists A B C D E as yours, you can simply set them to sync offline on your mobile and then use only them.  Your wife would then offline sync F playlist and use that.

Please note that you would not both be able to stream online at the same time - the first person would be paused by the second.  Also, offline devices need to connect to the service at least once every 30 days.

Anthony thanks for responding, If my wife sets up her own account, can she access my acount and make her own playlist?

Hi,

If your wife sets up her own account; she can create playlists on her account but would not be able to create playlists on yours through her account. To access your account; she would need to log out of hers and login to yours.

She could create a playlist on her account then you could search for her username (see how above) and subscribe to her playlist; effectively adding it to your library.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts