[All Platforms][Playlists] Making collaborative playlist private

As the title suggests, can you make a collaborative playlist private? I had one I made between one other person and I assumed we'd be the only ones with access to it, but I awkardly found out that everyone can see the playlist. Why is there no option to make it private between the collaborators?

Updated: 2016-12-07

Hi @12102227245 collaborative playlists are currently private. They won't show up in your Spotify Profile and they can't be marked as "Make Public". The only way other users can find the playlist is if you share the Spotify Playlist Link with them. Let us know if you've got any questions, thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
kegl1
Music Fan

Hello

I have the same problem. My playlist is private collaborative, in my profile is not visible with other people. But the problem is that in the profile of the person I'm sharing with, the playlist is shown, so it's not private as it says. Change that please :(

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@kegl1

Tell the person to disable the Automatically make new playlists public setting, and then ask him / her to Unfollow, then Follow the playlist again.

Hope it helps. :)

kegl1
Music Fan

@osornios

Ok, but I have a question. If the person unfollows my playlist and follows it again, he is still a member of the playlist? or I have to send him an invitation again?

Thanks for answering. :)

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@kegl1

No need to reinvite him again. When he follows the playlist again, he'll have full control to add music to it. :)

kegl1
Music Fan

@osornios

Ok, so

1. Disable the Automatically make new playlists public setting.

2. Unfollow our playlist.

3. Follow again.

I'm gonna ask him to do that and I'll let you know if it worked. Thank you very much!

Solura

The problem that private collaborative playlists suddenly become public occured to me when I used the Spotify application on my laptop! The playlist cannot be seen in my profile, but in the news feed on the right side. So people who follow me can see the playlist and theoretically add songs. Even though I always disabled Automatically make new playlists public. Really weird...

thedonnyk

I posted this in another topic, so I hope it is OK to do it here again additionally.

So, I have a very creepy/annoying issue in this realm.

My friends and I have a large series of collaborative playlists that we have carefully curated and really, really love. There is a random user who is also an "artist" on Spotify. He is in no way a connected friend or an invitated colalborator, yet he continues to find our playlists and dumps his own catalog of songs into them. It's totally inappropriate and unsettling. He has even been called out on his social media about it yet continues to do it. His name is Stewart Harding and he is a doing his best to ruin all the work we've done to create fun, enjoyable playlists. All of this has to be against the terms of Spotify and is a pathetic attempt to get more spins and exposure for his truly awful music.

This is him:  

https://open.spotify.com/user/1145499210?si=m4wCXTFiRk2d5rLoMYuOqg

spotify:artist:2nyXyb50vtIr5SjL7dYZVM