Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Search among my playlists on "add to Playlist"

When I click on "add to Playlist" I can see "New Playlist" and a list with all my playlists. It would be very useful if I could search among my playlists titles by taping its name. I have a lot of playlists and sometimes it's hard to find the one I want to add the song to.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi everyone,

Even though this idea was previously closed, we're happy to announce that your feedback has helped us improve the app and this suggestion has now been implemented.

You will find a search bar in the "Add to playlist" section of the right-click context menu on desktop and on top of the lists you get on mobile.

Thank you for participating in our ideas exchange here on the Community and playing a big role in making Spotify better for everyone!

Comments
rileyhong

Hi, I used to be able to search a playlist's name when adding a song. My Spotify recently updated to the new client. I like it, but I just tried to add a song and I searched my playlist's name and found that I couldn't use that method anymore. This feature is really important to me. I have over 90 playlists that I all use and it's hard to add new songs on the desktop because there are no cover pictures in the add a song menu. 

dasaku

On the desktop app (I'm on Mac OS), when adding a song to a playlist by using the dropdown (right-click > add to playlist), we used to be able to quickly filter our playlists by typing the first letters. Since last update, it's not possible anymore. This was extremely useful for hardcore users with a lot of playlists. This is now an enormous pain as there is no way to quickly add a song to a playlist. I feel like this could be a quick win on your end to restore this feature.

psylocyboy

This is not a new idea - this is an essential feature which has been removed. I'm really annoyed - how am I supposed to add to playlist when I have over 100 playlists to scroll through! Rediculous!

morfeablack

DESKTOP/WINDOWS has same problem!

This drives me nuts! 
Why would you remove such good feature? For past month or whenever the release came with new UI and other random **bleep**, this feature went missing. It kinda makes me not wan't to use spotify as its time consuming and VERY not user friendly to add tracks to specific playlists.
NO, i don't need new UI. No, i don't need some bs feed. Just add this back.

Adding screenshot example:

morfeablack_0-1624055804757.png

psylocyboy
I totally agree. This is complete madness - the developers must have just
forgot to include this feature, as there's absolutely no reason why you
would remove a useful feature that takes up zero space for those who don't
use it, but is essential for those who do. It's also such a basic thing -
almost any list on a Web page or app is searchable in this way. Epic fail
Spotify.
morfeablack

Based on this experience I hope Daniel Ek never buys Arsenal!
I mean what could happen there? Randomly club crest or stadium goes missing?

Mihail
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

psylocyboy

Oh, for goodness sake Spotify! You don't need people to vote on this - take some initiative. Surely the person reading this can see this is a no brainer. This is the problem when companies get too big. Someone please just email the relevant department and tell them they forgot to include this essential feature in the update! Or give me their phone number!

OR, how about you run a UX research session with people - show them the feature and ask - would this be helpful for you? And if not, would it in any way negatively affect your experience?

This must be what it's like being in politics - hey here's this idea with only positive consequences and no negative! Oh yeah, put it on the list with the other 4 billion that we don't care about!

Here's hoping someone can find a better way of dealing with these issues.

morfeablack

Thanks, Mihail!

While I understand that Spotify internally somehow prioritises dev requests based on online popularity,
PLEASE NOTE, that this IS NOT NEW IDEA but rather BRINGING FEATURE back you most likely removed by accident. 

Thanks in advance!

bananafarma

You used to be able to type part of the playlist name when using the 'Add To Playlist' dropdown. This was an essential feature for me. It made it possible to add a song to the right playlist in a few seconds.

Why was this removed? Please add it back!

I now cannot add things to playlists. I would have to scroll through 100s to find the right one. 

I have not been adding things to playlists, this is bad, thinking of leaving and going back to myspace...;p

Seriously though this has ruined my playlists, please vote!