Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
z_man_200

This is the one thing that keeps me from relying solely on Spotify for my mobile music player! Add this feature and you have my full commitment :D!

Mrpaddy
Hello Spotify. I've been paying for premium for about five years at least. I haven't used the desktop client in over three years as my android device does everything I need. You can imagine the nightmare I have when I want to listen to a playlist from three years ago and then want to switch to a more recent favourite. So much scrolling. Also, I love the Discover feature but have to limit how many excellent playlists I subscribe to for fear of my favourite playlist disappearing down into the depths of the pile. For heaven's sake please get this feature implemented before my fingers fall off.
nikkiniccc

Hello Spotify,

I am looking to switch to an Android phone.  I use spotify for my job as a fitness instructor.  It is very important that I am able to move songs around at a drop of dime.  I am able to edit my playlist on iOS, but not Android application.  This is preventing me from choosing the phone I would like to have. Please enable this feature.  It seems so simple.  What is the reason that this has not been implemented before?  Is there a limitation to the software?   As someone who has always recommended spotify to my clients and fellow instructors, I am disappointed that this has not been added.   Please consider add this to your next release.  I appreciate your time and consideration.  

alephnaut

What is the status of this idea? I've been a subscriber for years and almost never use the desktop or web version.

Hard to believe I still can't change the order of tracks in a playlist from the android client without resorting to delete/add tricks.

There are a bunch of UI models - hold-drag with texture mimicking bump-map icons as the drag source, up-down arrows in an "edit playlist" mode, etc... Personally I'd prefer the former but anything would be better than what we have now.

rpls
Please add this feature!
DomZeal
8 months later they still haven't added it. Spotify please.
DomZeal
I just switched from iPhone to android 3 days ago. iOS have had this feature long ago.
EarlPurple

Update after update after update and still not there.

After "Ivy" had linked me a "live" version of a song for no reason, I found the proper version and was able to queue it onto the playlist but can't move it to where I want it to be.

Incidentally at least Spotify playilsts are easier to make and maintain than youtube ones. On there if I want to move a song to a specific position I have to move every single item above it to the bottom of the list in turn.

And I can't cut and paste a load of ids to make a playlist there either. Have to use their stupid interface and enter them one at a time...

The simplest way would be to add an option to the song "Move to.." then you can click on the track you want to insert it before. (It is automatically at the end).

Incidentally an easier way to remove the current song from the playlist and skip to the next one would be appreciated too.

CarolIbex
unacceptable Spotify... admit you dropped the ball and fix it. this is absolutely ridiculous. it's not like you're trying to reinvent the wheel. and it certainly seems you have enough complaints to justify this mistake so getting on it might be the best way to save lots of people dropping the app.
stephieann

I came here to find out how to arrange my songs on my android and it appears from the comments here that I can't do that as of now. I'm so disappointed! I just upgraded to premium and I thought I'd be able to do that. I am planning on entertaining a lot during the holidays and have spent a lot of time making playlists and now I find I can't rearrange them without spending a lot of time creating new playlists. Really can't believe it, I thought that would be a premium feature. Wow.