Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
DMFW62

This shouldn't be difficult! There are only three functional requirements for maintaining a list; adding things, removing things and ordering things as you want (otherwise it is not even a list just a collection). Not being able to re-order items is a major fail. To misquote Meatloaf two out of three ain't bad, it's terrible! I've just signed up to Spotify on a trial basis and am liking most things about the service but this could be a deal breaker. I couldn't at first believe such a basic function wasn't present until this thread confirmed it. I am a programmer and happen to write quite a few list functions and I wouldn't consider they were worth sending out into the world until they could be sorted.

So come on Spotify, add a user sequence field to your playlist database table and let us order our lists as we want. 

belrik

This is driving me nuts. I've used numerous other systems for streaming music: squeezebox, google music, MPD and they all support this feature on mobile. I also find the UI design in Android to be annoying, I would like Spotify to adopt Google's material design approach and use the same button and control styles as the rest of Android 5+.

There is clearly not a server problem and the Spotify framework must support the operation as this feature is available elsewhere so is this just a UI style problem? If so, please drop you "unique" UI approach and use a standard Android list control to render the playlist objects.

dagsville
This is not an oversight by Spotify - this is Spotify saying 'f#*k you' to
users because the feature doesn't serve their current business strategy.
They obviously want to force users to install their software on their
desktops AND mobile devices. They won't add the feature unless complaints
reach some kind of critical mass.

Skolvikings84

Except you can rearrange a playlist's track order on Spotify's iPhone app.

msjocelyn

I've been all around the community site looking for a relevant answer and can't find one.

I want to reorder songs in a playlist. The answers I've seen given don't apply because my desktop player looks nothing like the one in the samples given. Neither does my mobile (Android) for that matter. I wouldn't be as pissed off as I am, but since I'm actually paying for Premium service, a clear answer would be nice.

bill1776
Premium user for years, hoping to see this feature added in a future update. Especially as many of Spotify's competitors, including Google Play Music, allow drag and drop re ordering of tracks in the play queue, and adding this missing feature on the android mobile client is long overdue.
bill1776
Premium user for years, hoping to see this feature added in a future update. Especially as many of Spotify's competitors, including Google Play Music, allow drag and drop re ordering of tracks in the play queue, adding this missing feature on the android mobile client is long overdue.
AndrykMcB

Please do this! Smiley Sad

coledovey

This is frustrating. What's the hold up on adding this feature?

Marianoemarcelo
This is a really annoying issue. Its impossible to rearrange a playlist in android and not in IOS? Guys, please figure it out.