Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
Melody
Status changed to: Watch this space

Updated on 2018-06-27

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're really excited to announce that the right folks are now working on this idea.
An upcoming version of Android will see this feature initially released to a small number of users.

We'll post here again once we have more news to share.

If you have any questions about the feature in the meantime, please post them in the Android board.
The teams are welcoming your thoughts!
aramando

Wow, and it only took you 4.5 years to implement a simple feature that the app should have had since its first beta.

Good to know you're listening to your users...

/s

HappyDaysinHell
I wonder if it was the reddit thread, the public Web news site, or something else that made you get yourselves together?

If you can't tell us why we waited 4 and a half years, perhaps you could give us that.

But well done on getting there regardless.
Blakeyg

@Melody

Thanks for the update.

>> "An upcoming version of Android will see this feature initially released to a small number of users."

Would this explain why some users have seen this feature appear after installing some versions of the Spotify APK (beta) releases?

I'm sure you can understand the frustration of users on here that it's taken Spotify so long to add this feature (4 years or so) but it's great that it is finally being looked at.

Can you give a rough idea of when you expect this feature to reach production?

Thanks.

augjess96

Since it looks like this idea is finally being implemented, can everyone on this idea go vote for the swipe to queue a track idea for Android? It's a feature that iPhone has had for years and I'd love for them to finally put it on android but, the idea only has 900 votes and it's been up for almost 3 years. If you guys could do that, I'd really appreciate it!!!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Swipe-to-Queue-a-Track/idi-p/1189608

dthrift3

My partner and I create playlists for gigs that we play and we would like to rearrange the playlist in order to match our setlist.  It would be so convienient to be able to just drag and drop to rearrange a playlist.

ontwerp

And save an album to a playlist with album name and artist info shouldn't be that hard to implement next to it in android, it is implemented for ios and older android versions

RonyDart

Besides arranging songs in a Playlist manually, It would be awesome sort them by date added, last time played. 

I really miss a rate function to like or dislike songs in Playlists. 

Spotify keeps creating things that THEY think are usefull but forget to make current users happier with improvements WE want!

If you agree with me, please vote in the idea below and support it:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Personal-Rating-of-Music/idi-p/179102

MadmanOnWheels

I just saw this. I came here to tell ya'll, but I see that ya'll know, but here ot is, anyway.

Spotify for Android will soon let you re-order songs within a playlist

https://9to5google.com/2018/06/28/spotify-android-re-arrange-songs-playlist/

Shared from my Google feed

YogaBabe

As a yoga instructor I really need to be able to move my playlist around on the 

fly, not just at my computer. ITunes offers this, and I can now get their app on my Android device, maybe I should go back to iTunes?  I'm a paid subscriber to Spotify the last 3 or 4 months but this is getting old already. Super frustrated.