Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
shakra00
If you can't implement it, atleast tell us the reason why, lol.
Drumrocker365

Others have said it well: it's absolutely absurd that a feature as simple as swiping has "no plans to be added." We're asking for it. How about listen to your paid customers for a change.

Specter

Guess I should start looking for a service that actually cares about its costumers.

danieljoerg

Just switched from an iPhone to a Google Pixel Phone and this is one of the Spotify Features I miss the most. Please bring this to Android too. 

cclawrence

There's actually a team that works on features for Spotify on Android? You would never know it...

Please add swipe to queue ! This is a major disadvantage to android users. 

buck3690

IDEA make a shuffle that can apply to multiple selected playlists at once. Not just shuffle within a single playlist. Please make this for Android 

daviddata

it can't be that difficult to implement, I mean come on! This was a requested feature for iOS back in the day, but why was this not also included in the android version of spotify? This is a genius feature and everone should have it. 

themagiccow

When is this feature comming?? It was suggested in ‎like 2015 the 08/17 - 1 year and 8 month ago!!!

As a guy, who is often controlling the music playing at events and so, it takes so long to queue a lot of songs, when you only have your android phone with you. I mean it makes sense when you are swiping up and down, scrolling, and then you can queue a song with a swipe to either the left or right. Right now you have to hit the three aligned dots perfectly and then afterwards you have to scroll down a little bit and then hit the option "Add to queue".

It just takes so long time, and often you end up with playing the song, you wanted to queue, beacause you failed in hitting the three little dots.

Really hope this feature comes very very soon!!

Best regards

Andreas

sora1223

Why isn't this in your pipeline? Those features are very useful on iOS and it would be great to have them come to Android.