Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Publish the Spotify Connect API

Spotify should publish the required documentation for implementing Spotify Connect on internet-enabled receivers / speakers. 

Updated on 2019-04-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Use of the Spotify Connect Web API is now in beta. You can check out the details here.

You can also find out a lot more about devloping with Spotify at the Spotify for Developers website.

Thanks!

Comments
s0mike
Would love to see an open API.
ruud404

I like this idea too! So there can be a RaspberryConnect or XBMC-Connect plugin!

pieorpaj

A good XBMC plugin with Spotify Connect is what would make me a premium user.

pause
+1
sbkg0002
Spotify on a Raspberry Pi while controlling it with an iOS/Android device! +1!
phil_

+1 for open API

having spotify connect on XBMC would be perfect! that's exactly what i'm looking for and would be the killer argmuent for sticking to spotify and not switching to google.

santino

I would like to see this feature, too. 

seanhq

Please make spotify connect available to people who dont want to buy new hardware, I have an onkyo tx-nr414, one reason I got it was for spotify. spotify connect seems awesome, if spotify connect worked on chromecast or xbmc I could use it as well.

Windows desktop, OSX, iOS, Linux, Andoid,  windows app store. If spotify connect could be installed as a service on these sorts of OS's a lot of people could use it. I know it was designed for hardware partners, but high availability means happier customers.

I would like to say, I love spotify, and am very happy with their premium service.

sbkg0002

Any news on this?

AndreasBaakind

Any news on this? I would love to create another Spotify-app for my Samsung TV where I would control the music from my mobile phone (sorry to say, but the current spotify app for samsung smart TV's aren't that good. It lacks funcitonality like e.g., radio. It is also very painful to search for songs using my tv remote, instead of my phone.. but i guess the app haven't been updated lately.. atleast so it seems). 🙂