Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Restore Cache Location Specification

I run on a machine with a small SSD for my OS and critical applications.

In previous versions of Spotify I have set my cache to my larger hard drive. Now this is no longer possible.

Now I am constantly having to manually clear my cache and am unable to specify where I want the files to be kept.

This needs to be restored.

Updated: 2015-07-08

Hey everyone, this feature is returning in the 1.0.9 Desktop update. That update is currently rolling out and should reach everyone quite soon.

Comments
tecnogaming

SOLUTION

1- Install previous version of Spotify (any previous to 1.0 will work fine)

2- copy the contents of Spotify in C:/Program Files/Spotify to any directory of your own choosing.

3- Uninstall Spotify

4- Execute spotify from your new folder

5- configure the temp folder to the place where you have spotify now inside the folder /SpotifyCache

Enjoy your new spotify that will do as you say and will never bother you again.

SubzeroSC

@iN3verM1nd

The mklink works for me on both me home and my work PC even after many reboots.

c-MS

The only reason I come back again: 

I canceled all Spotify premium accounts.

Our family - 25 € / month

I know Spotify **bleep** on us and thats the reason why they never will earn money.

So we leave to Apple Music as soon it is availiable in germany and we will
never stop telling everybody to leave Spotify !!!

c-MS

**bleep**  - thats censorship by Spotify

.... they do not even have the courage to admit an opinion .... poor spotify

tecnogaming

The sole fact that they don't read their own forums and they don't care they are loosing customers for options they removed just speaks for itself about what kind of company Spotify is.

vlimao

Watch this space? Until when, exactly?

H4zelnut

WHy on earth would you remove such a basic & essential feature? Boggles my mind TBH.

Please also add this to mobile versions. Being able to control of how an app uses your device is basic respect!

Ninjamawwe

I just registered on the site to ask for this feature back as well.

nasryus

First, no sorting in search results. Now, this.

One of these days there will only be one button: the play button. Everything else disrupts the streamlined design

Patschi

That was really a very bad decision to remove such an important function. I have - like many others - a SSD and I don't want to reduce the livetime of the SSD nor to waste many space of my SSD for Spotify cache. If the functionality doesn't get back in the next time couple of weeks, I would be very disappointed and I will cancel my premium account and switch to an other streaming service.