Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
MattSuda

This would be really nice! My family wants to use Spotify, but doesn't want to pay for more than one subscription because the price adds up! 

SophieSehat

I hope that this idea will come through as a possibility for users very soon. Most of the time my boyfriend and I only use one device at a time, but every now and then we both want to use spotify, obviously we're not together all the time, but it's just silly to create two accounts, we don't want to pay full price for an extra account which wouldn't be used fully. Plus we're both students and there isn't really a discount? 

And a another thing, if we made another payin account and payed the price, we would have different accounts with different playlist and so on, I know that you can view playlists of your FB-friends, but it just isn't the same. 

So dear spotify, please make us a great deal. 

Other than that I love spotify 🙂 

n1ckolas

This would be outstanding. One of my favorite aspects of Spotify is creating/sharing playlists with my significant other. I would gladly pay a bit more to add at least one additional device for simultaneous playback.

joeyvandijk

Maybe an alternate approach would be branding the family option as "x streams at the same time". Currently Spotify does not allow using Spotify at work (at my office) and let my girlfriend listen at the same time on the iPad at home (through Airplay & AppleTV to my hifiset).
I understand that (music industry), but I dislike it. Maybe you could help people understand that artists need to be payed by every song, so to add additional (music)streams to your account you have to pay. You will not need a family account, but lift the limit of streams that are active on my Spotify account.

So I can listen at work to Spotify while my girlfriend is using the iPad (with my account credentials) at the same time.

Sole drawback: my girlfriend choice can interfere with Radio tips, but for now it will not be a big issue.

snemo

+1, We are looking for a family account or multiple stream as well. We are also four people at home and we would be interested to pay a little bit more to be able to listen additionnal streams on the same account.

Please inform me, as soon as this option will be available.

Excellent idea and hopefully it will be added to the service.

malovern

Cannot kudos this idea enough - when you have a family of teenage daughters as well as phones, tablets pc's and Tivo boxes all wanting to listen to some tunes, then a family subscription or discount on multiple accounts is a must and one which I would certainly get.

MattSuda

When this is implemented, there should be a way to join 2+ accounts into a family plan.

Most families probably already have 2+ accounts.

We shouldn't have to make a whole new account to have a family subscripton.

I hope this is done the smart way.

metalmini

I don't think it is very fair to pay even more just to be able to listen on multiple devices. Especially if you already have a Premium account. If I want to go running with Spotify and my girlfriend stays at home and wants to listen to Spotify we already have a problem...

I think it would be a big plus if you can listen with two different devices and if you want to add more, then there can be a more commercial pricing method.

I hope that the premium users get a bit more service when it comes to this issue because I think we deserve it! This also is never talked/written about so when I first encountered this I was pretty bummed.

Manos

This is a great idea. Right now it's a problem with me and the mrs. But when our kids grow older, they'll wanna use spotify as well.