Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
Richard
Status changed to: Duplicate
Duplicate of http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Discount-Family-Subscriptions/idi-p/2275 Please feel free to carry on the discussion in that thread. (Thanks Dojan for noticing this)
mcg

This is a duplicate of this suggestion here. Make sure to vote that one up as well as this one if you really want to see this happen! (I sure do!)

cyberden

Spotify, please make it happen. I pay 10 euros a month for 2 unlimited plans. I'd be more than happy to pay 15 euros to get a 2 members family plan and get to use spotify with my mobile devices. One premium account per family member is quite a steep price at the end.

heiko

Well, the function could be obtained without any new invention of subscription plan. Just allow 3 devices and let it be managed independently. Like Napster does - just downlaod the album, and it is on your device. Same for playlists - how does that sound ?

Satman
I have a premium subscription but the kids would like access as well but there is no way we can pay 200 sek more for that... Why not offer a family type subscription?
eshafer

Please add a family plan otherwise this is not something I will continue after my free trial.

michaelmanasseh

Yea, it's kind of a deal breaker for me 😞

I just can't afford 20.00 a month for my wife and I who share all our music anyway.

We wouldn't normally buy two albums a month, one is our limit.

So paying 20.00 for music a month is just literally out of our budget.

Sad day. 

genaw

I'd love family pricing so that my husband and son and I could all take advantage at once.  Thanks

Renox

I agree. Maybe they could link it to the main account and allow the main account to be used on 2 devices simultanously for a few bucks extra per month.

merdzan

Premium subscription should allow up to 3 devices by default. Chargind more than the current premium price would be too much comparing to other service.