Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
wicklund21
Spotify premium family now allows 6 people for 14.99!
gklaughlin

Hurrah!  This solves a big problem for our family, one that was getting much worse as my children were getting older and listening to more music.

Thanks, Spotify!

Now, would you please enable casting to a Roku like YouTube has and like Spotify has on Amazon Fire TV.  With that, I'd have all I've been wanting from Spotify.

Hansmummy
I would be hugely interested in a family subscription. This is the only thing we dislike about Spotify!
djbyron

Crazy to see the number of comments here on my original idea! And yea, who would have thought that competition with Apple Music could have driven the price of a multi-user family so much (6 users for $15)!!  Four years later I still love Spotify!

Sethmenne

I would use this in a heart beat

infa2000

Here in Canada. I prefer Spotify over itunes for a number of reasons. Unfortunately, there is no SpotifyFamily Plan in Canada and, since I require 5 devices which itunes provides at Cdn $15/mo, Spotify is no longer an option. Too bad, 5 people now accustomed to itunes as things move forward, not Spotify.

gedemi1

I'm in Montreal, Canada and am wondering if after all these years of family plan talks paid off.  Is one available now and how do I upgrade to it?

Laurie3645

The idea of Using the word Family Subscription is very misleading. I am retired, with two daughters. One lives in London, who is a teacher, and the other lives with her boyfriend locally. We All like music & would like to share listening to Spotify at the Family rate, but this is impossible as we are in different locations, but have the same surnames. I am happy to be the administrator. There address for mail is our address though.
The type of Family Subscription Spotify is promoting at A$17.99/month should be more aptly described ar Shared House Subscrition. Spotify if you have another slant on this, then please let me know. Ring me on my mobile or email me.
With this in mind, I will have explore what choice there is with other providers.
Regards
Laurie3645

madealve

I think this is a great idea. I heard about the family discount for 6 members, though it is not logical, at least for Turkei. I believe the target group (actual spotify users) is clustered in the west side of the country, having small (2-4 member) families, aged between 18-30, undergraduate or graduate degree owners, probably not having 4 children because of economical issues. You know, it is hard to fund 4 kids if you are not rich from the parents. So the existing 6 member family discount, do not address the spotify users.

Mostly 2-4 member families would need discount, so they should be prioritized.

Or just ask the members, conduct a survey and see the results

Laurie3645
Agree with your comments, it is more tailored to the Rich families, and not collectively for a family group where kids are over 18yo, and not necessarily living at home, e.g. working in a another location, at Uni, studying etc… Shame on Spotify