Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
seanhughes16

Tell your investors that our Family will pay for your service when you allow us to pay for the WHOLE year all at once. I have a long standing rule in our finances that says "No automatic monthly billing ALLOWED, No exceptions!". That means no Netflix or Spotify for our family until you accept one annual payment on my CC of choice. 

Mjmartinez2

How do I "merge" my 2 accounts with Spotify? I have Spotify Premium on my Android and Spotify Free on my PC but I mneed to chnage/merge to the family plan.

osornios

Hey @Mjmartinez2

Normally this happens when a duplicate account exists.

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

More information can be found here.

Hope it helps. 🙂

obme16-x_zm1o

I need help I have a plan that was 0.99 cents a month for 3 moth trial. I tried to add my husband as a family member to get the same 3 month discount and he was not getting his invite. So this morning I tried again and he still didnt get his email so I set him up for 9.99 a mont premium plan, and then after we did that he got the email that he was added to my family plan.  Question now is how do I cancel the 9.99 a month charge, and keep just the one acoount? 

osornios

Hey @obme16-x_zm1o

Did you get email receipts for your subscription purchase? Search for it in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

You can login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

Hope it helps. 🙂
obme16-x_zm1o

Its not working I see the receipt of 10.54 cents and there is no option to cancel it , please help

obme16-x_zm1o

I di receive the email with the purchase price as well. When I sign into his account it says he is in the faimily plan 

I want to get my card refunded for the total amount of the 10.54. 

osornios

@obme16-x_zm1o

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

moon14planets

Hey, sorry, but Spotifys politics are a bluff: I tried to activate Premium family. We are 5 people in family. Okay 2 of our children are temporary at other places (university and high school) but they still living with us, registrated and home at possible times. As a father I would love to pay the 169,-NOK each month, of course with access for all 5. But this is not possible, they say, Spotifys terms and so on. But what is the alternative, 2 times paying; can`t be serious, 3 premium and 2 free status, can`t be serious?! But if Spotify wants it that way there will be no paying account from us, as I said to the support lady (she tried to help but couldn`t): Good luck, Spotify!

serraj

pack familly ko for mu count.