Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gapless Playback

Many albums that are released are meant to be gapless between songs. It's also something useful for concert recordings and other split music and media that is played through Spotify. This is a very common feature that is used by the best music programs. 

Is anyone else interested in seeing this implemented soon?

Comments
Jude

Local files

Gapless for local files is being worked on. I don't have any more information on that at the moment.

Can this thread now be locked please?

I see what you mean, but this is only one thread, it relates to features that have been in demand for a very long time, and it was only released yesterday. We still need to leave a space for more complaints 😉

I have posted a general announcement. Perhaps we could move over there:

Preview release: Spotify Desktop 0.8.5

timiambeing

GAPLESS NOT QUITE YET?

Just listening to Solti's Wagner Ring cycle - it seems that the gaps have gone but there is still a fade out and in again at around 2-4 seconds into each new track? Could this be a case of needing re-encoding (as mentioned here Preview release: Spotify Desktop 0.8.5  - I notice the first disc (Das Rheingold) of the recordings available separately doesn't have a problem but the combined box set does?

Shakti

YIKES, MY POST JUST GOT DELETED, PLEASE CONTACT ME, AS I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE INTEGRITY OF SPOTIFY....SRLIEBL@YAHOO.COM

Rorey

I can't see anywhere info in the admin logs where your post has been deleted.  What was the post about? Would you mind reposting?

snooty

can this be considered implemented and the thread closed before it's implemented on ALL clients?

HenningWorm

I use Windows version 0.8.2.610 and gapless is implemented and seems to work.

However, it does not work flawlessly, many track transitions have a click or a tiny bit of sound missing out.

Don't know if this is due to problems in sampling of the original music, it certainly does not seem to be related to streaming or network problems.

(Was listening to Puccini's Turandot directed by Zubin Mehta - the best version of them all :-D)

/Henning

BobVanguard

I love progressive rock, which most often is offered as an entire concept album, musically and topically. The music flows seemlessly from one track to the next. It's very frustrating to listen to an album that is constantly broken up with gaps between tracks. Try listening to "The Incident" by Porcupine Tree on Spotify. It's postively frustrating. The tracks are often less that two minutes in length, the entire album is actually one continuous piece of music. But Spotify makes it unbearable to listen to. 

BobVanguard

Listening on PC is better than listening on my iPhone. But most of my listening is through my iPhone, which is absolutely filled with gaps.

dalla

There should be an app that would allow you to mix songs better then just 12 sec crossfade.

One should really look into this! An example could be an app looking like;

Mixmeister Fusion. In essence, this idea is about including a mixer in Spotify.

What is the status on this?