Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Playlist Customization: Edit Cover and Caption

Updated on 2021-02-26

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know this is something you wanted to see.

You'll be happy to know that you can now edit your playlist covers and descriptions on mobile. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community and helping us make Spotify great 💚

Comments
datfenristho

3 years later and we still can't change our playlist cover images. Please implement this already spotify!

EXiDO

Have been using spotify since the beta days and i have to say how disappointed I am that this have not been added to all platforms other than desktop.

The function it self shouldn’t be that hard to implement 🙄

suuchki

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE i want this so bad :,(

nat616

Heck yeah this would help so much! I Vote yes! This needs to be done!!!

Decpedlar10

Some accounts are able to change their playlist covers from their iPhone or android devices but some are not. My brother and all of my friends are able to but I am not. Everyone is able to use this feature on their desktop or computer but it does not allow you to align the photo as you wish like it does on your phone. I’d love it if they made the custom playlist cover feature available to everyone on their iPhone or android device. Like if you agree!

1995matthewb

How is this not a feature already? Kind of basic really. Along with sorting playlists into folders and making/renaming folders.

Also the "some people have it, some don't" is due to how Spotify tests features by giving only some users the updates. This is seemingly random as you can't sign up for beta programs. I don't agree with this method of testing but that's why some people have features and other people don't. Even if some people are using the app with an update feature, it doesn't mean Spotify will implement that feature soon if at all.

Soopa

This was apparently released on Dec 8th but as of Jan 22 I still can't do it on my Oneplus 7T Pro. I don't know what your update rollout strategy is but it ain't working so well. 

edit: nvm, 1 or 2 days later i got it

max_kl

They updated it!! I can now change description and photo for playlists on mobile! Honestly very happy about this I was hoping they would take this suggestion

Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-02-26

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know this is something you wanted to see.

You'll be happy to know that you can now edit your playlist covers and descriptions on mobile. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community and helping us make Spotify great 💚

Braria

Thank you !