Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Add Sign-in with Google

Hey, as Spotify users we can sign into the service either by entering our username, email, or by clicking a button that signs us in through Facebook or Apple. Sign-in with Google, however, is not an option yet, although it is a standard sign-in service used by most high profile businesses. It would also be useful for every time users login to Spotify Web Player at work in incognito mode, which for some might be daily. Please add this basic feature so that users can spend more time listening to great music and less time logging in. Thanks!

Updated on 2021-01-14

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate adding your feedback and votes to this idea.

As some of you mentioned in the comments, it's now possible to sign up for an account using Google Sign-in so we'll mark this idea as Implemented.

You can find more info about this feature here.

Cheers!

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-05-08

Hey @mmichonski,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Note: this is a repost of this inactive idea.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

RandomAndy

This idea keeps getting posted since several years now, and still no implementation from Spotify.

With no possibility of 2FA and no Google login, myself and I'm sure many other users are facing constant hacks from bot farms from Russia, etc.

This should be handled with priority, as it poses a serious security risk.

mmichonski

Spotify has finally implemented this! Thank you, Spotify, and everyone who upvoted it.

I am still getting the below error, but hopefully Spotify can share how to connect Spotify to your Google account.

[moderator edit/snip]

ParentalControl

We need a post on how to get this setup!

ParentalControl

Hello all it's been implemented here is the help page:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/google-login-help/

mmichonski

Thank you for providing the implementation guide!

Are there any plans to allow users to connect their existing usernames to be able to login with Google?

The instructions currently state: "You can’t currently connect an existing account to Google."

danfromisrael

any ETA when existing accounts can login with Google ?

Katerina
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-01-14

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate adding your feedback and votes to this idea.

As some of you mentioned in the comments, it's now possible to sign up for an account using Google Sign-in so we'll mark this idea as Implemented.

You can find more info about this feature here.

Cheers!

mmichonski

Since this idea is now implemented, if you'd like to upvote giving existing Spotify users access to Sign-in with Google, please check out the new idea I created for it here.