Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
krikelin

Yes sorting and so on is definitely something that must be improved. Most of the other services has a more decent way for browsing through the content available at an artist profile. Splitting up albums, eps and toplists to several tabs would be a good start, as well with a more decent filtering feature.

Sam

Hey,

I personally like this. We're always looking to improve Spotify with bigger and better features so we do listen to all of the ideas we get.

Sadly, we can't get round to adding them all but we will do our best to act on the most popular requests. So, hopefully, we'll get some feedback on the idea here.

simoon321

How about some "playlists in a playlist" type of thing. One playlist is named an artist and in this playlist, (or map if you will), you can add several playlists? If I like Michael Jacksson I would like to make a playlist called Michael Jackson and then add some full cds without putting all the songs together in just one playlist, get it?

Sam

Simoon321 - Have you tried creating a 'Playlist folder' and naming that? You'll then be able to drag playlists into the folder. So you could have your 'Michael Jackson' folder, with your 'Bad', 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall' playlists inside.

To create a folder, just go to 'File' and 'Create Playlist Folder' in your Spotify.

Is this the sort of thing you were looking for?

sprugman

Folders & sub-folders are cool (never noticed those before), but it still has to be created and maintained manually. A column browser like iTunes has would solve a lot of problems.

simoon321

Sam, that was exactly what I meant. Thanks.

zedsefi

I would be more interesting about alphabetically sorting my playlists. I have crossed 2000 playlists now and it is so painful to find a playlist (without using the search) to know where your playlist is located. Why can't it be possible to automatically sort the playlists in alphabetic order? (Something like right click on a menu then sort alphabetically or something) sheesh! It has been years and this thing has not been implemented yet! 😕

ruipelo

I think this idea and the Favorite artist idea are trying to solve the same problem.

Spotify lacks a good way to browse through the music you have in your playlists and favorites. A simple search requires the user to remember too much himself.

lewk

Please implement alphabetical sorting at the least. 

It is something I have considerd lacking since day one.  I still love the service and have paid for nearly 3 years now, but it seriously needs better sorting options so that I can instantly get to an album/playlist. 

It's daft because it all has to be done manually, and android puts new playlists at the top and mac at the bottom of the list.  Just a button to organise, it can't be that difficult? 

I fail to see why all these apps and integration can be used to best effect without proper sorting options.  It really is a drag, people. 

Thanks for listening...

dahliacreative

I cant drab my playlist folders so they are sorted alphabeticaly due to some bug which puts them inside other folders so you should give me the option to sort them automatically either alphabetically or by date etc.