Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remote control.

Hello,

It could be great to be able to remote control my computer Spotify app from the Spotify mobile device app. (iPhone un my case)

Now that Connect has officially been announced and started rolling out, I'll mark this as implemented.

Comments
Carlrmyers

I just got a new iPhone the other day and I have been a Spotify Premium user for a little over two months now (Previously used it on the Android Evo). One great feature I loved about the iPhone was the Remote app which lets you control your iTunes library on your computer from you iPhone via home wifi network. Welp since Spotify, I have absolutely nothing in my iTunes and that app is useless to me now. Spotify should have a setting which allows you to control your home computer library from your mobile device! It'd be a great addition
Chipper

I agree, This would be a great new feature. Fingers crossed it happens.

neo-x

I've used few remote control apps but non has been as good as I've hoped. If this could be implemented to Spotify program as a native support - for example have an option to choose "play music on computer" and then you could choose the session where you want to control the input at or something like that.

This kind of addon / fix would be greatly appreciated.

fuzzyvagina

Not a single one of those remotes work for my android/mac setup 

hegrew

i was thinking on my idea when i had a party home, i have one rule on the music, use the queue,

but everyone is always changing the queue, so i was thinking, maybe a mobileapp to put a song in queue.

they can connect to the same WIFI as the computer that is playing spotify and put songs in queue from their phones, that will make sure they got their songs, but they are not allowed to change it

licenced
AnthonyA

It'd be great to control the iPhone app from the computer. For instance, I have the iPhone plugged into a dock playing music on the home stereo. If i'm in the bedroom it'd be great to change the song from there.

UberMammi
Hi, It would be great if I could control my iMac whith my Smatphone or iPad. Or add support for the Apple remote. Thanks
Sam

Hi guys,

I've merged a few 'Remote Control' Idea threads into this one. Don't worry, I've adjusted the Kudos accordingly. It'll reflect how many people like the idea more accurately.

Very cool idea too.

dexterhart

This is a must. game changer. Spotify....who are you....Michael Jordan...or Lebron James....your in the 4th quarter....finish the game